Question on H238T motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvanstone

Reaction score
Folks,

In the AeroTech Motor assembly for the H238T section 2.3 states:

“2-3. Fig.-6: Place the forward insulator (1" O.D. fiber washer)
into one end of the case, seated against the liner
assembly.”

I cannot find this in the parts list. So is this just left out of the parts lists or am I missing something ?

Ron

It appears to be a mistake in the parts list. You need two insulator disks for that motor just as the detailed assembly instructions indicate.

It has been a while since I have built a H238 but the thing I use for a memory tells me that there have always been two and the two H238 reloads I have on hand each have two insulators.

The insulator disk is the black fiber washer. Your reload should have two of them, and they seat at both ends of the liner tube.

If all you are asking is "Why isn't it on the parts list?" maybe it is just mistakenly left off of your instuctions. However I'm looking right at a copy of the instructions for that load and it is the sixth item down on the parts list; it reads: Forward & aft insulators (1" O.D. fiber washers) 2.

I look at AeroTech website agian and notice 2 different instruction links one for "High-Power RMS Plus Instructions " and the other under "HP-RMS_Instructions". The High-Power RMS Plus Instructions does not have the pacer mentioned, where as the
HP-RMS_Instructions does Hmm !! Maybe it depend on the motor casing ? I have a Dr.Rocket Cassing and not an AeroTech casing

Ron

Does your reload kit say RMS plus delay on the header card? Even if it doesn't, I would follow the instructons that came with the reload kit. Whether you have a AeroTech or a Dr. Rocket casing doesn't really matter, they are almost identical. Also, if you haven't already, watch the video on assembling a reload on the AeroTech-rocketry site, it can be quite helpful.

Back