Question on Cesaroni Pro38 Case Dimension

ecarson

Reaction score
I'm currently working on a 3D printed motor retainer design for a 38mm Cesaroni powered rocket. I have prototypes of threaded retainer fitting well to the motor tube right now, but I still have not ordered the case itself. I searched for information on this dimension, and did not readily find anything.

If someone could provide me dimension B per my sketch below, it would be most appreciated. A caliper measurement, in either inches to 3 decimal places, or millimeters to one decimal place would be really great.

Thanks.

Pro38CropDIMB.jpg

Titan II

Reaction score

The .375 x 1.618 part shown in the diagram is not part of the case. It is the rear closure supplied with the motor. Just in case you did not know.

Last edited:

ecarson

Reaction score
Titan II, no I had not fully realized that it was a separate piece associated with the motor itself. But I figure the motor retainer would bear down on the rear closure to prevent rearward ejection.

Thank you, this is what I needed. Here is Blender screen of what I am doing. Basically up-scaling a 29mm design I found on Thingiverse.
MotorRetainer38mm.jpg

Nytrunner

Pop lugs, not drugs
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Titan II, no I had not fully realized that it was a separate piece associated with the motor itself. But I figure the motor retainer would bear down on the rear closure to prevent rearward ejection.

Thank you, this is what I needed. Here is Blender screen of what I am doing. Basically up-scaling a 29mm design I found on Thingiverse.
View attachment 317679

Kind of looks like a big Estes 29mm retainer.

Beware of motor heating and 3d printed material. 38mm motors can get the arft-end of a rocket pretty toasty, especially long-burns.

ecarson

Reaction score
These are just prototypes from PLA to check scaling fit. I printed with full support structures, and even though the motor tube threads look rough from the trimming work, the two pieces thread together perfectly. A future functional piece will be printed from a more heat resistant plastic.
Maleon38Tube.jpg CapOn.jpg