Question for computer geeks. Quantum computers.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XolveJohn

Reaction score
I am puzzled. An old pal that works on crazy advanced stuff for Uncle Sam was doing programming for
parallel processors hooked to some scope that watches all the junk in orbit.

He said it was a QUANTUM COMPUTER. So I looked it up.

Problem: they don't exist yet.

Maybe finally this is the proof they have alien technology. I asked if he ever in his travels heard of
the military or gov having a UFO, and he denied it. But if quantum computers don't exist, then where would they get it from? Probably the guys in dark glasses are going to visit me. :y:

But if anyone could explain how they would work, and the advantages for tracking thousands of
satellites and floating wrenches and bits of old rocket fragments, please do!

I think they were making a joke. A while back I either read or watched something that said that quantum computers are only useful in certain situations, when you need three states instead of two IIRC.

Wow. This blows my mind, 0 and 1 at the same time. I am well versed in normal CPU's. But this is wild. Should have expected the puzzles of quantum, with Heisenbergs principle, etc. My physics level is Newtonian. I did find this interesting link:

https://www.dwavesys.com/tutorials/background-reading-series/quantum-computing-primer

My first research was just on Wiki, who said they don't exist. Jumping to conclusions again. But I think this app of such an advanced machine is about more than just processing more data. Perhaps they are mapping, following, and developing attack parameters for enemy sats. I know they are up to no good. Future wars may be in space.

Quantum computers can learn. Sounds like neural nets. Used in targeting. Train with a picture from one angle, they can then recognize from any angle.

This is just mind strange:
"
Another interesting point to note about the quantum computer is that it is probabilistic, meaning that it returns multiple answers. Some of these might be the answer that you are looking for, and some might not. At first this sounds like a bad thing, as a computer that returns a different answer when you ask it the same question sounds like a bug! However, in the quantum computer, this returning of multiple answers can give us important information about the confidence level of the computer."
Whereas classical computers switch transistors either on or off to represent data as ones and zeroes, quantum computers use quantum bits or "qubits" that, because of the surreal nature of quantum physics, essentially are simultaneously both 1 and 0. This means a qubit can perform multiple calculations at once.

There have been some articles in Scientific American over the past few years that talked about quantum computers. I believe that they said that there are a few companies that are in the process of building them.

I have a 6th sense about these things. What they tell you about what they have is always behind by several generations.

There is a critical reason why this tech is being used. It might be what is known as..........

SKYNET.
cyberdyne.jpg

My theory is that is they are talking about developing it, they have had it for at least ten years. That is like the keyhole satellites. The optics are massive-likely at least equal to Hubble.

From history, I've observed that anything that is advanced in any way, the military and government (such as CIA) will have it and refine it a decade before the general public is even away of anything like it exists.
I would not be surprised if they have crystals storing data like on some SciFi films.
Some Japanese firm has advertised storing data on a crystal plate for over a year, but that is done with a laser.
So to store it in a different way I would say is underway, and could be a component of such said quantum computer.
Think of a stack of CD's. A laser reads data from a reflective surface under a coating.
Now, if one can focus the laser like a microscope, you could read a specific layer within a cube of crystal.
I hope I live long enough to see the ZPM come into play as a power source, but I doubt it.

Tesla was on the right path, but the electric companies refused to back him and was forced to abandon his project.
The electric companies did not want him to succeed because they knew it would ruin them financially.
When he died, the Government seized all his documents and everything left in his apartment in New York, and that was left in the building that was abandon with the tower.
Is it alien tech? Or are they working off Tesla's work? I think everyone will agree he was 100 years ahead of the main stream of his day.
And don't forget his harmonics experiments. What a weapon that would make, aye?

No doubt. Everyone, do a little looking into the computer they ran on the Grumman YF-23. They had a computer that was reportedly very advanced and fit in a the airplane. Reportedly more powerful than a large portion of their computers combined.

I would just like a 6-8 xeon core workstation, even a couple years old, for the new home pc.

Tesla was far ahead of the curve.

The ZPM- watch Stargate much?

Do a search for Solar Warden.

My theory is that is they are talking about developing it, they have had it for at least ten years. That is like the keyhole satellites. The optics are massive-likely at least equal to Hubble.

Much much more advanced than Hubble, which is something like late 70's tech.

From everything I've read, cutting edge quantum computing research is still not at a useable level yet. to the OP, he was just pulling your leg. He's not using a quantum computer. I no longer believe the Gubbamint somehow has super advanced technology that they're not telling us about. They rely so much on contractors these days(Snowden anyone?). Apparently they do not have some secret stash of 200 IQ mad scientists somewhere and have to rely on the best and brightest that they can find from the civilian population. That's the reason for all those DARPA contests, for example.

Much much more advanced than Hubble, which is something like late 70's tech.

Exactly, so really Hubble was not a step forward, but a step back. Not saying it did not do excellent things, but a Keyhole could do more.

Another interesting read are some of the quotes from Ben Rich, successor to Kelly Johnson at Lockheed Skunkworks in regards to space travel. Assuming he was not blowing smoke from a bodily orifice we have much more space tech than NASA uses.

Wow. This blows my mind, 0 and 1 at the same time. I am well versed in normal CPU's. But this is wild. Should have expected the puzzles of quantum, with Heisenbergs principle, etc. My physics level is Newtonian. I did find this interesting link:

https://www.dwavesys.com/tutorials/background-reading-series/quantum-computing-primer

My first research was just on Wiki, who said they don't exist. Jumping to conclusions again. But I think this app of such an advanced machine is about more than just processing more data. Perhaps they are mapping, following, and developing attack parameters for enemy sats. I know they are up to no good. Future wars may be in space.

Quantum computers can learn. Sounds like neural nets. Used in targeting. Train with a picture from one angle, they can then recognize from any angle.

This is just mind strange:
"
Another interesting point to note about the quantum computer is that it is probabilistic, meaning that it returns multiple answers. Some of these might be the answer that you are looking for, and some might not. At first this sounds like a bad thing, as a computer that returns a different answer when you ask it the same question sounds like a bug! However, in the quantum computer, this returning of multiple answers can give us important information about the confidence level of the computer."
Whereas classical computers switch transistors either on or off to represent data as ones and zeroes, quantum computers use quantum bits or "qubits" that, because of the surreal nature of quantum physics, essentially are simultaneously both 1 and 0. This means a qubit can perform multiple calculations at once.

Yes, the do exist. D-Wave has delivered systems to Google and others. Interesting to note that D-Wave (along with Space-X and Tesla) have backing from fellow HPR enthusiast, Steve Jurvetson.

Lots of work now going on on how to both store (large quantities) and transport (at high speed) qubits, both of which will likely be done optically.

Last edited:
Exactly, so really Hubble was not a step forward, but a step back. Not saying it did not do excellent things, but a Keyhole could do more.

Another interesting read are some of the quotes from Ben Rich, successor to Kelly Johnson at Lockheed Skunkworks in regards to space travel. Assuming he was not blowing smoke from a bodily orifice we have much more space tech than NASA uses.

Not so much back as sideways as using what was there was immensely less expensive. Plus it had a far different mission and the science instruments had to be built and integrated etc. At the time is was spy tech, turned around and reengineered to open the cosmos. Talking to the guys who were there at the beginning of the design of the ground system, they said they had to get clearances. Probably in the latter half of the 1970's. By the time the ground system contracts went out, whatever required said clearances was sanitized. A few years ago, NASA got two spysats that had languished in a warehouse. Have lost track of what is going on with them.

Last edited:
My friend has no reason to lie. I'm thinking it is still a digital supercomputer, but they are simulating the quantum part.

He did quite a lot of work on Star Wars for Reagon.

Tesla's 3phase motors, generators, xfmrs, and transmission lines were great, and the Tesla coil interesting, but I am not so sure his wireless power system would work practically. He had his own idea of how electromagnetic waves work, argued with Hertz, who threw him out of his house. If it weren't for Westinghouse, he would have been out of biz. Well since he cancelled his royalties, he put himself in the poorhouse. Needed a good manager.quant comp.jpg

Back