question about Micromaxx

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karatekicker271

Reaction score
I ahve a question about the Micro Maxx Starter Set. Is $40 for that kit at a local Hobby Lobby a good deal??

I think so - the set contains 50 motors and igniters, plus 10 rockets and a launch pad/controller. The cheapest I've seen the engines alone is 6 for $5.99, so if you consider the motors alone are a $49.92. Add in the rockets and the pad, and it is a killer deal. Actually, I think its a pretty good deal if you buy it for the motors alone.

Greg

I think so too. I mean, you get 10 model rockets, plus 50 motors, plus 50 ignitors, plus a launch pad, plus a controller.

Even if you could get motors for $0.50 each, that's already $25.00 right there.

If the models were $2.00 each, that's another $20.00, and you're already at $45.00 for the set, without ignitors and launch pad and controller.

If your just getting into MMX , and talking about the Super Deal Starter Set , yes it is a good deal!Get it ! If your talking about a regular MMX starter set ( the old ones ) the answer is no , they sell for about $5 in some stores!

What Karl said...you can buy inidvidual rockets for $5 or the original starter sets with two rockets and a pad for $15 just about anywhere on the web.

Carl

Up until about 18 months ago, the price of a MMX starter set (two rockets RTF, six motors and igniters, launcher) was around $20-25. Compared to that, the current 50-pack is a tremendous deal!

I am unaware of anyone who is still selling MMX starter sets for $5. After the local Toy-R-Us stores went through their inventory (about a year ago) I have not seen any MMX stuff on a retail shelf.

eHobbies has the 1, 2 and 3 model Silo starter sets. Most are priced LOW to move out. I do not think they ordered the Super Value Starter Sets (Quest 5618).

https://www.ehobbies.com/rocketry-rocketry-sale-micro-maxx-on-sale.html

(Holy $#!+ the prices just dropped on the motor packs and the twin packs of models).

All members of the Collective should seek perfection and assimilate Quest 5618.

;)

Originally posted by powderburner
Up until about 18 months ago, the price of a MMX starter set (two rockets RTF, six motors and igniters, launcher) was around $20-25. Compared to that, the current 50-pack is a tremendous deal!

I am unaware of anyone who is still selling MMX starter sets for $5. After the local Toy-R-Us stores went through their inventory (about a year ago) I have not seen any MMX stuff on a retail shelf.

The way they work is this:

Many items are not in the warehouse because they ship out FAST.

You order what you want and it is "back-ordered". Even if it's on sale, you get the sale price if it shows up next week or next month.

They order more product from the manufacturer and your order is filled in the order it was received. That's how I got my last batch of 10 packs of Econojet F21-4 motors. I ordered them and waited for them to arrive. Those who did not order, NEVER got on the list and they are still waiting for many of the Aerotech motors to change from "out of stock" to "in stock".

Originally posted by gpoehlein
except that they're out of stock on the motors! ;)

Greg

Back