Question about maximum liftoff weight

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good idea. Unfortunately due to the layout of the launch facility I have to work with, the people running the launches don't allow us to change the launch rod angle (safety issues due to nearby people using the soccer fields).

Good idea. Unfortunately due to the layout of the launch facility I have to work with, the people running the launches don't allow us to change the launch rod angle (safety issues due to nearby people using the soccer fields).
Bummer, I believe an adjustment to allow the rocket to fly straight up is better and safer than one flying sideways. Perhaps you could explain and see what they say. Fly Happy!

I managed one flight with the Interceptor, trying a C6-3 instead of a C6-5. Due to the wind (10mph maybe), the Interceptor had some serious arc and a 3-second delay was just what was needed. A 5-second delay would have deployed right above the ground. Definitely the model likes to weathercock it seems to me.

Back