Question about fully-read threads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Marc_G

Reaction score
Hi Angie and team,

Loving the new site and have pretty much gotten over TapaTalk withdrawal. Great job.

One small things sill nags me though: let's say there's an ongoing thread and I've read all of it already. Next time I click on the thread title, it takes me to the FIRST post instead of the LAST post. Cases where I want to go back to the first post would be few and far in between. Is there a way I can set it so that if I click (or tap) on a thread title for a thread I'm up to date in, it takes me to the last post instead of the first?

Thanks again for your help!

Marc

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
One small things sill nags me though: let's say there's an ongoing thread and I've read all of it already. Next time I click on the thread title, it takes me to the FIRST post instead of the LAST post. Cases where I want to go back to the first post would be few and far in between. Is there a way I can set it so that if I click (or tap) on a thread title for a thread I'm up to date in, it takes me to the last post instead of the first?
I agree this is an annoying behavior because of the inconsistency. You train yourself to click the thread title to go to newest, but now you have to first look at it and make a note of whether it's in bold; if so, click the title, if not, click something else. For me, the "something else" would normally be the date of latest post in the right column, which takes you to the end.

Furthermore, once you're in the thread (e.g. if you click the thread title by accident, taking you to the beginning), if there are no new posts then there's no way that I have found to go immediately to the end of the thread.

First world problems, obviously, but it feels like a weird misstep in a UI that otherwise seems to have been worked out pretty well. I don't know if there are any server-side configuration options that can be used to improve the behavior.

BEC

Reaction score
You can go to the last page of the thread from the first by tapping/clicking the highest page number or on mobile the double right arrow. Not sure if that's quite what you're looking for. This is a thread which has no new posts for me, so the "jump to new" picks that appear at the top when there is something new do not appear.

IMG_2735.jpgScreen Shot 2020-05-02 at 9.05.05 AM.png

neil_w

Hunkered down
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
... then scroll to the end. Works, but three steps.