Quest Website

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
The Quest website has been updated.

Not much to see as yet, but it is at least a change.

Bob,

What's the URL for Quest's website?

Can't figure out which web site is nicer......The Quest or the modelaerospace. I certainly hope that Quest is just spending every ounce of their available energy developing products [I haven't seen anything new yet though] since obviously none of it is being used by the marketing department.

By the way, for the record, I requested a catalog over 4 weeks ago and have seen nothing yet.

Custom Rocketry has web presence now and seems to be pulling away in the race.

Well, maybe Stine will appear at NARCON and make some great announcement. Hopefully someone can bring back good news!

Originally posted by Cajunman06
By the way, for the record, I requested a catalog over 4 weeks ago and have seen nothing yet.

I sent in a request around the first of the year, and it arrived last week. They sent me a fold-out color "poster catalog" (one side has pictures of all the rockets, the other shows the various starter kits and education packs). It also had an order form for parts and rockets, via Model Aerospace.

So, I'd bet you'll get something in the mail soon.

Mike

The Quest website is getting closer to completion.

The notice states it will be up and running during the first week of January, '05.

Yup.

SCRA (NAR 430) got a batch of NEW Starhawks to use at the AMA Convention this week in Ontario CA. They are now rated for A6-4 and B6-4 motors and there is no dnger of melting the fin unit. It's a new fin unit with molded in lug. It slides onto the body like the new Viper fin unit. No cement needed. Just yellow glue.

I and others will be taking some digital photos of the rockets in the static contest (CASH PRIZES) and the building sessions. They may end up on the news section of the Quest website.

Originally posted by Initiator001
The Quest website is getting closer to completion.

The notice states it will be up and running during the first week of January, '05.

I spoke to my friend who is working on the Quest website today and he said he was going to post some info on its progress later today. From what he has shown me so far it looks like it is going to be very nice & easy to navigate.

Originally posted by rokitflite
I spoke to my friend who is working on the Quest website today and he said he was going to post some info on its progress later today. From what he has shown me so far it looks like it is going to be very nice & easy to navigate.

That's good to hear! And I hope my Payloader One looks as nice as the one in the picture on the website when it's done.

I really like that model as well, simple & clean. Of the four new releases it is my favorite. The only difference from the catalog photos is that it will have a RED tinted payload section like all of the other kits with a clear section.

Originally posted by rokitflite
I really like that model as well, simple & clean. Of the four new releases it is my favorite. The only difference from the catalog photos is that it will have a RED tinted payload section like all of the other kits with a clear section.

What's the deal with all the RED payload sections? :D

It's been a while...

... since I have had the opportunity to post but I thought that this might be a good time to update everyone on the happenings at Quest. I will apologize in the beginning for the length of this post.

In case you are saying "who the heck is THIS guy?" I guess I should give you a bit of background. My name is Matt Costabile. I work for Bill Stine at Quest. Although my titles vary (from "washer of Bills' car" to "keeper of the office cat" ) most of the time I am the Director of Development. I head a wide variety of special projects that are on the forefront of Quests' [shall I say] "rebirth". Currently I am heading the web development project team and as such I guess I could be called the "webmaster" (pronounced "web MAS-TAH" with the sound of a chinese gong in the background).

Although I do not personally know most of the people who post on the forum it was the TRF that originally paved my way into the world of sport rocketry and as such I owe a huge debt of gratitude to every moderator and poster who has contributed their time and knowledge to make TRF the amazing resource that it is.

As many of you know (and as I have aluded to above) Quest Aerospace is now back in the hands of the founder - Bill Stine - after having been owned (for a while) by a mega-conglomerate toy company (think "Toy Story"). With the "return of the king" Quest has once again began to grow and evolve. Some new products are available already (Q2 igniters top MY list), others are coming in the next couple of months (a new ultra-simple boost glider that even I can fly). Others are in development.

Part of that growth is the building of the new website. Our goal is fast loading, easy-to-naviagate portal that will allow people (yes - even those with macs) who are looking for information on Quest products to find the information they need. Lots of product photos, helpful information that is NEW and CURRENT that you can download and links to other sites of interest. This is a long term project that will evolve in response to needs and interests of the rocketry community at large.

The BIG QUESTION: when will it be up and running? Well, last week I posted a new holding page that estimated the "first week in Jan". I think that we will be very close to that (although right now it's 4:30 in the morning on Thursday the 6th and I STILL do not have all the final pics in yet).

I am asked (at least daily) how it is to "be working for a rocket company that exists in an E dominated market". ("E" is NOT short for "Esther"). I think it's simply great. Without diversity and competition where is the catalyst for innovation? Quest is the quintessential model rocket company. We produce model rockets. And motors (German made motors at that). And launch systems. And Igniters. And all types of other products for the model rocketry market.

If the response from the market can be used as a gauge then we're somewhere on the right track. Products are selling and I have begun to avoid the shipping area at all times except for lunch (the only times the forklifts are not running).

Again, I am sorry that this has been such a long post but I have tried to catch a number of topics all at once.

Please do not hesitate to let me know what you think.

Matt Costabile
Washer of Bill's Car
Keeper of the office Cat (Henley)
Seer of the Unseen
Knower of the Unknown
Proud member of Tripoli
and lastly,
Director of Development for Quest Aerospace.

[email protected]

Matt,
your signature says Larryville but you mention the 'shipping area'.
Are you currently in AZ or KS? :confused:

Hey, Matt!

Thanks a LOT for that post. That's really more info in a smaller space than I've seen anywhere lately.
:)

(I bet I'm chubbier than you are, anyway. And right now at my house we have *8* cats --- 2 adult females and 6 kittens.)
:p

I am a former resident of "Larryville" (Lawrence, KS). I moved with spouse and two midgets in tow to Scottsdale, AZ to take the "car washing" position with Quest Aerospace.

Quest Aerospace is located just north of Scottsdale in Cave Creek, AZ.

Now that I look at my member info I realize that I will need to update to reflect my new location (sigh). Something else for the "to do" list.

Quest had some great rockets in the past - can't wait for the website to come out.

I know I prefer to buy kits from people who take the time to post on these boards. Altho I have been known to buy company 'E's products just because they're everywhere.

I hope we can buy rockets directly from the Quest site? Please keep us updated!

Pat

Great news Matt!

Thanks for the update.

Hey - thought I would let everyone know that we updated the website yesterday...new blog, products, and a contest!

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Matt C

Hey - thought I would let everyone know that we updated the website yesterday...new blog, products, and a contest!

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Matt C

Back