Quest Tomahawk Cruise Missile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKaul04

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a Quest Tomahawk Cruise Missile model rocket or have a link to the instructions and fin drawings so I can build it my self?

Oh. and the decals

Thanks,
Colin

Unfortunately the kit has been OOP (Out of Production) for a number of years. I don't know of any plans or decal scans on the web. Best bet is EBay.

Yea. I cannot even find it on eBay. I may know someone that has one though.

(I had this reply ready to send ystrdy just as the forum crashed. BTW I did see one on eBay recently.)

I have 1-2 kits somewhere, but likely very buried. It's one of my early rockets and I REALLY loved the colors and design. I also scanned the decals many years ago since I screwed up some of them (despite growing up a plastic model builder).

Please don't count on me, but if I can, I'll try to locate a kit and see if I can scan.

BTW - to really make you guys drool, a few years back I got decals from Sticker Shock for this as a custom 4" FG build I was planning (with adjustable "wing"...got some parts, but held off on getting the tail "cone" and not sure if it's still available now).

Watch ebay or even do a saved search. I've sold 2 or maybe 3 Tomahawks, Delta Clippers, X30 and one other M2F2 or something? I think I have another of each as well. I put stuff up on Sunday nights.

Just finished mine. It was in the build pile for several years. Finished it with Stickershock23 decals. Looks pretty good!

Rocketron

Attachments

• QuestTomahawkCruiseMissle.jpg
    QuestTomahawkCruiseMissle.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 122
I have one that I built, never flew, painted but never decal'd, has gotten broken several times in mulitple moves......maybe someday I will get it fixed again and actually fly it, somewhere I even still have the decals for it....built it 15-20 years ago...

Designed a BT-80 upscale awhile back. Been itching to put the parts together. :)

Attachments

• quest_tomahawk_bt80.rkt
    107.5 KB · Views: 54
I found mine on Ebay a while back. Painted it in test orange with a white nose. It's a fun flier but it doesn't like wind. Snapped a tail fin off mine when it landed hard (and sideways). When I built mine, I coated the cardstock parts in CA after gluing them on and I did fillets on the air scoop on the bottom because I wasn't sure the glue would hold with it being so flimsy.

Just an FYI. I checked the RS file for this kit and it wasn't available. I was hoping it was available so you can take the dimensions from the file and build it from scratch. Sorry I couldn't help further

Here is a scratch built BT80 Tomahawk CM upscale. Flew great on a D12-3.

The air intake is being utilized as an 808 camera mount, since it doesnt have a jet engine.

Video demonstration shown in slo-mo.

Attachments

• th2.png
    th2.png
    721.9 KB · Views: 56
  • TOMAHAWK.jpg
    TOMAHAWK.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Does anyone have the Decal layout for the quest tomahawk?
i scratched built one and have stickershock decals just want to get it close

After recently returning to rocketry, I just found my kit this weekend that I never built. I will be scanning the decals and instructions and can make the avalible for everyone. If I can get a 3-d scanner I can try and do the nosecones as well.

Back