Quest Tomahawk Cruise Missile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After recently returning to rocketry, I just found my kit this weekend that I never built. I will be scanning the decals and instructions and can make the avalible for everyone. If I can get a 3-d scanner I can try and do the nosecones as well.
Check out JimZ's rocket plans, and use his recommendations on what dpi etc. also scan EVERYTHING with either a ruler or a way of determing scale. Might not be a bad idea to try uploadingvthem to his site as well.

Check out JimZ's rocket plans, and use his recommendations on what dpi etc. also scan EVERYTHING with either a ruler or a way of determing scale. Might not be a bad idea to try uploadingvthem to his site as well.
Thank you for the recommendations for the DPI, I wouldn't have thought of that! I do have a metric scale bar to use unless folks prefer imperial?

As promised, I have attached my files for the Quest Tomahawk Cruise Missile. I have also sent them to JIMz rocket plans. Hope this is useful to everyone!

Attachments

• Quest_Tomahawk_Cruise_Missile.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 41
Our club had 3 for sale as surplus. I can check for you if you still want it. It will be Nov 16 when we have the next launch that I could pick it up. Just had a launch.

Does anyone know if the body tube and nose cone are the same on the Tomahawk as they are on the Quest AGM Harpoon. I have the Harpoon but it doesn't do anything for me. I've always loved the Tomahawk, thinking I could just do a scratch build with the Harpoon parts and Stickershock decals.

Does anyone know if the body tube and nose cone are the same on the Tomahawk as they are on the Quest AGM Harpoon. I have the Harpoon but it doesn't do anything for me. I've always loved the Tomahawk, thinking I could just do a scratch build with the Harpoon parts and Stickershock decals.
Fifemaster posted the plans, scans and templates on JimZ's:
qst3007.pdf (spacemodeling.org)
Thanks Fifemaster!
The Tomahawk and Harpoon have the same nose cone, same diameter body tube (T-40, 1.57") but the Harpoon tube is longer than the Tomahawk's. Needs to be cut to 14.75".
You can use the templates and scans posted to cut the fins, wings, tail cone and belly scoop and home print your decals. Or order from Stickershock if you prefer.
Have fun!
1017211839[1].jpg

DSC_3985.JPGDSC_3986.JPGDSC_3987.JPG

If this is what you are looking for, it just so happens that I have two of them. They both are new (mint) condition and sealed in factory packaging.

Back