Quest Tomahawk Cruise Missile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

CKaul04

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a Quest Tomahawk Cruise Missile model rocket or have a link to the instructions and fin drawings so I can build it my self?

Oh. and the decals

Thanks,
Colin

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately the kit has been OOP (Out of Production) for a number of years. I don't know of any plans or decal scans on the web. Best bet is EBay.

Cape Byron

The BAR formerly known as Skippy-2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck! I've been looking for one for a while,as well as Quest's Aeroshroud kits. Time for Quest to do some "Classic Comebacks". ;)

CKaul04

Reaction score
Yea. I cannot even find it on eBay. I may know someone that has one though.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
This kit is one I would like to see re-releases or 3D printed.

KenECoyote

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
(I had this reply ready to send ystrdy just as the forum crashed. BTW I did see one on eBay recently.)

I have 1-2 kits somewhere, but likely very buried. It's one of my early rockets and I REALLY loved the colors and design. I also scanned the decals many years ago since I screwed up some of them (despite growing up a plastic model builder).

Please don't count on me, but if I can, I'll try to locate a kit and see if I can scan.

BTW - to really make you guys drool, a few years back I got decals from Sticker Shock for this as a custom 4" FG build I was planning (with adjustable "wing"...got some parts, but held off on getting the tail "cone" and not sure if it's still available now).

zog139

Reaction score
Watch ebay or even do a saved search. I've sold 2 or maybe 3 Tomahawks, Delta Clippers, X30 and one other M2F2 or something? I think I have another of each as well. I put stuff up on Sunday nights.

rharshberger

Reaction score
I have one that I built, never flew, painted but never decal'd, has gotten broken several times in mulitple moves......maybe someday I will get it fixed again and actually fly it, somewhere I even still have the decals for it....built it 15-20 years ago...

KenECoyote

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw a new listing on ebay for just the decals and instructions...what are the odds? lol

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
Anyone ever built a larger version (outside of the navy)?

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever built a larger version (outside of the navy)?
Nytrunner did a stretched upscale of the Tomahawk cruise missile:
Called Long Tom.

Arsenal78

Reaction score
I found mine on Ebay a while back. Painted it in test orange with a white nose. It's a fun flier but it doesn't like wind. Snapped a tail fin off mine when it landed hard (and sideways). When I built mine, I coated the cardstock parts in CA after gluing them on and I did fillets on the air scoop on the bottom because I wasn't sure the glue would hold with it being so flimsy.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a Quest Tomahawk Cruise Missile model rocket or have a link to the instructions and fin drawings so I can build it my self?

Oh. and the decals

Thanks,
Colin

Just saw this

KenECoyote

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this
There was one that sold for ~$21 shipped last week (Buy It Now)...I missed that one!

I've been seeing the decals repeatedly up for auction starting at $7.99 unsold for weeks now.

AfterBurners

Reaction score

Oh. and the decals

Thanks,
Colin
I might be able to help you.

AfterBurners

Reaction score
Just an FYI. I checked the RS file for this kit and it wasn't available. I was hoping it was available so you can take the dimensions from the file and build it from scratch. Sorry I couldn't help further