Quest Rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike981

Reaction score
I am a fan of Quest Rockets as well as Estes Rockets. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of any new Quest rockets coming out in the near future.

Kind of related to that - why doesn't Quest have a working website?
I've checked several times over the last couple of weeks and it always says that this site is currently under construction, https://www.questaerospace.com/. :confused:
I just now checked a site referenced on there, https://www.modelaerospace.com/, and it says the same thing! :(
I really like Quest kits. I'm hooked. Nothing wrong with the others I just especially like Quest.
Dan
<><

Originally posted by bcdlr
Kind of related to that - why doesn't Quest have a working website?
I've checked several times over the last couple of weeks and it always says that this site is currently under construction, https://www.questaerospace.com/. :confused:
I just now checked a site referenced on there, https://www.modelaerospace.com/, and it says the same thing! :(
I really like Quest kits. I'm hooked. Nothing wrong with the others I just especially like Quest.
Dan
<><

I was going to ask Bill about it today but didn't get a chance to talk to him. I'll ask him tomorrow what his plans are for the site. I'm currently a quest dealer, including the motors( Micromaxx included). I hope to be loading the web page for motor sales in a day or two and the kits are already listed in my ebay store, so stop by:D

Well, in the old days (a few years ago), they didn't even have a website. :rolleyes:

Mike981 , welcome to the forum! I myself am I fan of quest rockets , Im just building a Spinfin & Harpoon AGM as we speak :D
I didn't know that Quest where gonna' start using circular shockcord?

Originally posted by mike981
I am a fan of Quest Rockets as well as Estes Rockets. I was wondering if anyone here has heard of any new Quest rockets coming out in the near future.

They are definitely working on some stuff, including some bigger ones, probably to coincide with the release of their D & E motors.

Hey Karl, we like Quest rockets too. my son built a SpinFin and it's a real crowd pleaser. my Harpoon AGM was fun to build - getting the fins lined up was not as difficult as I thought it would be - and it makes a nice whistle when it flies. I am going to make a BT-80 upscale of it.

NICE WHISTLE ?! Sweet I've been looking for a rocket that does that for ages! What do you have to fly it on to obtain the awesome whistle , a C motor? Sweet , Ill fly mine tomorow! :D

... I think I remember it whistles on a B6-4 but definitely on a C6-5. anyways there is so much drag with all those fins that you won't get much altitude out of a B motor, maybe 300'?

I like Quest rockets, too.

I've got a Mirage that I built for my son, I'm in the midst of finishing an Intruder, I have an Icarus still in the bag, and I just won a Super Bird on eBay, plus I may win another Icarus on eBay.

So yeah, I like them.

I've just finished building the SpinFin & Harpoon AGM , they where sweet builds!! I realy liked the MMT on the Harpoon , nice , neat , and real easy to build :) And the fact that they come with Kevlar is a real bonus :)
And about Quest Wadding , I got about 5 or 6 bags last christmas , and I've still got 2 left :D

I've always like the Quest Navaho. I keep losing the sustainer, so I keep
building new ones. With all the extra boosters, I eventually modified
it as a three-stage rocket. Bottom stage takes a 24mm motor like
a D12-0. The middle stage is 18mm but with the rear centering ring
moved forward to make room for the bottom stage coupler. I added
a little bit of nose weight for stability. Oh yeah, and I swapped out the
parachute for a streamer. On a D12-0, C6-0, C6-7 you really need a
streamer. :eek:

Originally posted by Karl
And the fact that they come with Kevlar is a real bonus :)
With you on that one - thats one of the reasons that I like Semroc too. Kevlar is a cheap & easy improvement to the standard Estes shockcord mount. IMHO ;)
And about Quest Wadding
It reminds me of that medicated toilet paper Drs recomend to piles sufferers. It is cool they include it with their motors, though.

As for their kits ... My very first rocket was the Big Rage starter set. I built it using all the wrong glues, and it disintegrated during its maiden flight. For that reason, I 'went off' their products for a while. I've found the courage to build a few Quest kits then, and have found them to be top notch. Their range it a little "3/4FNC", but hopefully that'll change soon. ;)

Cool ! Thats strange , my first Quest rocket was a Big Rage too! I put mine together using PVA, CA & Plastic Cement. And it's been fine to this day , apart from a lost nosecone.

I've always like the Quest Navaho. I keep losing the sustainer, so I keep building new ones.

I just ordered one of these... I think it looks really cool... I haven't built any Quest kits before and they seem relatively inexpensive for what you get so I hope I'm not disappointed when it comes.

The first Quest kit I ever bought was the DC-Y Space Clipper. That was years ago. It is still in the bag, but I'm going to start on it after I get through with the Shuttle Intrepid, which is my next build. Or I may squeeze a Harpoon in there first.

Originally posted by cls
... I think I remember it whistles on a B6-4 but definitely on a C6-5. anyways there is so much drag with all those fins that you won't get much altitude out of a B motor, maybe 300'?

WOW! God *****t! I just put the Harpoon AGM up on a C6-5 , and your right , it whistles like crazy! Of course it was typical British weather so I lost it , but even with a Estes 12" 'Chute , and the spillhole cut cleanly out , it still drifted far away.... Anyway back to deepsky to order a replacement :p

My two favorite quest kits are the Pip Squeak and the Zenith II payloader. That Zenith II is a real performer! It kinda looks like a small, two-stage Dyna Star Rising Star when painted stock.

Hi All,
Quest is introducing three new kits in the near future. One is a sport scale X-15 based on the 35mm tube. It looks more scale than the Estes one of the mid eighties that was based on a BT-60 and looked like a bullfrog with wings. There is also a basic payload rocket, BT-50 sized with a clear payload section. Not elaborate but clean looking. There is also one more but I can't remember what it was. I will take a look at one of the flyers again later today. Also, they have an 18mm D20 motor in the works and they are realeasing a new, 2-wire igniter. The ready-to-fly micro maxx rockets are all going bye bye and Quest will be producing kits that will require assembly. Thats all for now!

Originally posted by rokitflite
Hi All,
Quest is introducing three new kits in the near future. One is a sport scale X-15 based on the 35mm tube. It looks more scale than the Estes one of the mid eighties that was based on a BT-60 and looked like a bullfrog with wings. There is also a basic payload rocket, BT-50 sized with a clear payload section. Not elaborate but clean looking. There is also one more but I can't remember what it was. I will take a look at one of the flyers again later today. Also, they have an 18mm D20 motor in the works and they are realeasing a new, 2-wire igniter. The ready-to-fly micro maxx rockets are all going bye bye and Quest will be producing kits that will require assembly. Thats all for now!

Thanks for the update! Quest sure does seem to be really into payloaders, don't they? Icarus, Mirage, Super Bird, Zenith II, the new BT-50 sized one, any others I might be missing...

Are the flyers available to you, in the sense that you might be able to scan one, for instance? I'd love to see what it says.

Originally posted by JRThro
Thanks for the update! Quest sure does seem to be really into payloaders, don't they? Icarus, Mirage, Super Bird, Zenith II, the new BT-50 sized one, any others I might be missing...

Courier (agglofter). Perfect for TARC 2005. Modified, of course, to comply with the rules.

Are the flyers available to you, in the sense that you might be able to scan one, for instance? I'd love to see what it says.

You also forgot the Gamma Ray:D

Unfortunately my scanner is dead, I will try to take a picture of it but it will probably be pretty poor. If you send me your address in a private email I could send you one.

I'm most interested in getting more info on the 18mm D20 and their 24 mm D & E engines, as well as related kits to handle the larger horsepower.

Originally posted by rokitflite
You also forgot the Gamma Ray:D

Unfortunately my scanner is dead, I will try to take a picture of it but it will probably be pretty poor. If you send me your address in a private email I could send you one.

Scott,

That would be great. Thanks. Apparently you have your profile set up here not to accept e-mails through TRF. My e-mail address is jrthro @ sbcglobal.net, so if you could send your e-mail address, I'd truly appreciate it.

I went to Hobby Lobby over lunch, just to look around, you know how it goes...

Well, they had several Quest kits on clearance, and I walked out of there with a Quest Intruder for $4.66 and a Quest Antari for $3.65, plus tax, for a total of exactly $9.00. I'm guessing they are trying to clear out the Quest kits with the old packaging, since that's how these were packaged, and what looked like newer Antari kits weren't clearance priced.

-John T.-

I picked up the Intruder and Antari off of the clearance rack during the 1/2 off sale a few months ago - not this last one, but the one before that. I guess this means they've been on clearance for a little while now. (I also picked up a Commander kit that was on clearance too. Clearance price *and* 1/2 off - can't beat that!)

BTW, I converted my Antari to fly on 13mm motors and it flies great! Haven't built the Intruder yet.

Hi,
Just two quick notes... Scott & John the flyers are on the way.

Also Quest is NOT making an E motor any time soon.

I notice alot of them are being converted to Quick kits ,with the plastic motor mount area that I'm not crazy about ..I do like the little stand that comes with them tho.

Back