Quest Raptor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks great Tony! I was hoping to see the demo model I built fly at NARAM. I'll build another someday. I'm curious to see how well those little fins on top hold up. The original design didn't have those as I understand it.

That looks great Tony! I was hoping to see the demo model I built fly at NARAM. I'll build another someday. I'm curious to see how well those little fins on top hold up. The original design didn't have those as I understand it.

Thanks Craig.
I was hoping to see yours fly at NARAM too.
I'll be flying it this weekend at our TWO DAY launch.
I'll post the results.

Very nice looking job Tony. That's one sharp looking design, please post some flight pictures.

I just finished the Raptor.
Very cool design by Scott Branche (rokitflite).

Wow... That looks cool! I only have the original flight test model which is in serious need of repair:(. Bill sent me some of the kits, I guess I need to build one of them...:rolleyes:

As usual Tony, great built and finish. Hope to see this one fly this weekend.

Very nice looking job Tony. That's one sharp looking design, please post some flight pictures.
Thanks.
I plan to. :)

Wow... That looks cool! I only have the original flight test model which is in serious need of repair:(. Bill sent me some of the kits, I guess I need to build one of them...:rolleyes:
Thanks Scott.
So what are you waiting for?!! ;)

As usual Tony, great built and finish. Hope to see this one fly this weekend.
Thanks Paul.
See you at the launch.

Tony,

Looks great! Hope to see it at the launch this weekend.

I know now who is going to build mine when I buy one... you Tony!

That is one cool looking rocket!!! What is your secret? Post pics of the launch.

- RPR

Tony,

Looks great! Hope to see it at the launch this weekend.
Thanks Bob.

I know now who is going to build mine when I buy one... you Tony!

That is one cool looking rocket!!! What is your secret? Post pics of the launch.

- RPR
Thanks Raul.
No real secret. Just standard everyday finishing.
BTW... your finishes are far better than mine any day. :)

Another beautiful model rocket. That rocket has been in my cart at the Quest site for sometime now. I better just purchase it at some point.

--- Ron

Those are great pictures Tony:) Hope we get to see some flight pictures :)
Thanks
fred

Another beautiful model rocket. That rocket has been in my cart at the Quest site for sometime now. I better just purchase it at some point.

--- Ron
Thanks.
It's a fun/different kit to build. :)

Those are great pictures Tony:) Hope we get to see some flight pictures :)
Thanks
fred
Thanks Fred.
I'll do my best to get some good pics. :)

Flew the Raptor Sunday at our launch with a C6-5.
It was a bit windy but it boosted very well. It didn't weather cock at all.
At deployment the chute got tangled with the shock cord so that it was coming down horizontal. The landing seamed very soft but it broke off one of the small fins. :rolleyes:
It has already been repaired.

Raptor 1otp sm.jpg

Raptor 2lo sm.jpg

Raptor 3lo sm.jpg

Raptor damage sm.jpg

Disclaimer: The little fins were not my idea.

Nice pictures! :D

I like those little fins and think they add some balance and character to the rocket. I don't think it was a bad idea for appearance sake. Just a little worried how they'll hold up. I might experiment with my next one and see if I can use those little fin parts for something slightly modified.

I like those little fins and think they add some balance and character to the rocket. I don't think it was a bad idea for appearance sake. Just a little worried how they'll hold up. I might experiment with my next one and see if I can use those little fin parts for something slightly modified.

Suck up :p.

Last edited:
Looks awesome on the launch rod and nice launch pictures. Man you still got green grass :)
Cheers
fred

Back