Quest Q2G2 Igniters

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy QuestQ2G2 Igniters In Bulk Packs ?

• Yes

• No

• If yes 12 or 24 each

• If yes 36 0r 48 each

Results are only viewable after voting.

johnnwwa

Reaction score
Here is a poll for you.

For those of you that have tried the new Quest Q2G2 Igniters, would you like to see these Bulk packed? If yes how many 12,24,36,48 each

I have used these igniters in 2 D12 and 3 C6 clusters with 0 % fail rate.

BAR
John

Last edited:
In my opinion igniters are always needed, so buying a big bulk pack is a good investment :)

Definately if there was a good price break for a dozen or two. At the last DARS launch I gave a young boy a well flown Quest Brighthawk and motors. He made three flights and I had him use the Q2G2 initers for the ease of installation. I had him keep the rocket and he informed his dad that they had to buy somerockets. They had shown up to watch a friend fly.
The Q2G2 is a nice advance on model rocket igniters.

Bulk packs of at least 12, preferably 24 or more would be most welcome. The Q2G2 are great igniters, particularly for clusters, though I'm a bit hesitant to pay almost a buck apiece for them (with shipping, even more than that, since none of the LHS carry Quest around here). If I could get a bulk pack of 50 for something like $25, I'd go for it. I wonder though, from a business point of view, if these igniters are a method to get folks to buy more Quest motors? If we buy bulk packs, we're probably not using them on Quest motors, since they already come with them. And though I like the performance of the Quest (chinese) motors, I need to peel the paper wrap off to get them to fit into standard BT-20 motor tubes.

Yeah, I know, I should have got some Q2G2 during the xmas sale :mad:

Most defenitely they are great ignitors! Used them in the Trois Duex last month..Continuity check with the clubs launcher did not cause a problem with a few of the new Super C's that I flew singly either! I REALLY like the long leads too!

John,

Do you have any word on whether or not Quest is considering offering a bulk pack of these igniters? Just wondered if there was a reason for the poll or if you are trying to get support to show them that there is an interest.

John,

Do you have any word on whether or not Quest is considering offering a bulk pack of these igniters? Just wondered if there was a reason for the poll or if you are trying to get support to show them that there is an interest.

Last week I talked to Nettie and requested that Quest consider bulk packing the Q2G2 igniters. Nettie passed my request on to Bill. I am only one person, so I thought I'd create a poll to see what the interest level in the rest of the hobby would be. I think the rocket community would support Quest doing bulk packs. I feel alot more at ease when I launch a cluster using the Q2G2's

BAR
John

Thanks for the reply John. It is nice to know that they are receiptive to suggestions. A bulk pack would be great.

I would buy them. With their low current requirement, they would make a good e-match replacement.

Last edited:
As a direct effort of the input here Quest has as of today posted a Bulk Pack of 24 Q2G2 Igniters at $16.00 . I want to thank you all for taking the time to post and do the poll. And a Big Two thumbs up to Quest:D Thanks Bill.

Rats!

I just got the package of motors I purchased from them. If they had done this last week, I could have saved some shipping and had a bunch more Q2G2's now. :(

...Now get online and buy a bunch...
Thanks! Just ordered 4 bulk packs @ 40% off - even with $10.50 (!) shipping, the total came to .51 per igniter. I'll be using these primarily for cluster launches.

I ordered 3 packs. Will be testing for reliability and current with altimeters.

I ordered 2 of the 24-packs at the 40% off sale.

I bought some of these during the Quest 40%-off sale.

Good igniters. :)

Glad you like them .

Was thinking of grabbing some but still lost after some research and value your opinion - do the 8" ones have any value igniting composites ? Or do you have a favorite application to utilize these for ?

Jeff says hi !
:confused2:

Last edited:
Back