Quest Q-Jets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.....

Gary Rosenfield was sharing a few samples for demo launches, and Bob Sanford flew at least one C and one D I know. I saw the D flight - a D16 has quite a kick.

He left on Tuesday and I didn’t get a chance to try ‘em..... but they are coming.

Are these new D16 motors using an 18 mm diameter? If so, are they very hot after firing? The previous 18 mm diameter motors were hot enough to melt enough to melt a plastic model.

Are these new D16 motors using an 18 mm diameter? If so, are they very hot after firing? The previous 18 mm diameter motors were hot enough to melt enough to melt a plastic model.

They are a cool burning smokey. BP ejection from a plastic well. Just a little more punch off the pad than a C6 but a longer progressive burn. They might be the answer to our prayers!

I ordered but does anyone know when the G's are coming out?
Seriously, they're planning Gs? Before then I'd expect Es and Fs. I've only seen mention of up to Ds in one of their brochures.

Received my replacement A and B Q-Jets today, the ones with the smaller diameter. Did a cursory check for fit in a few models, all is good. Was expecting a piece of heat shrink tubing to hold the igniter in the nozzle, but there was none. Only heat shrink included is attached to the lead wires to mark the correct position for insertion. Instructions say to use a piece of masking tape to hold the igniter in position. Now for a good day to launch.

On the Quest website there is an announcement that the C and D Q-Jet pre-orders will start shipping shortly after the Labor Day weekend, and might take up to two weeks to clear the backlog. So if you placed a pre-order it will ship soon, if it hasn't already.

Back