Quest Proteus

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racerx

Reaction score
Does anyone have the tube sizes for this kit?

I'd love to cluster this thing by putting a couple of 13mm motors in those pods. Along those lines, what's the best way to add nose weight to a balsa and plastic noses?

Well, answered the first part on my own...I guess it's already been done. Also, further review shows jetra2 posted his plans all of two days ago. Nuts. Oh well, it'll still be cool. :eek:

How about adding the weight? What's the best way to go?

Should be able to get an A10 in those tubes with some help from masking tape... I kind of want to try it myself now

Edit: I didnt read the second post yet sorry I didnt know you already found out... I went and looked very hard at the kit on my wall too

Hey, thats my rocket review. I did fly it as a cluster but do not remember much about it anymore, it was a while ago.

When I saw the kit, it screamed to me- "HEY! Put motors in these pods and FLY ME" So, I did.

I believe that I put in 2 A10-0 in it when I clustered it. I am pretty sure that the 13mm motors were a perfect fit into the tubes

It is now in the corner of the room with a lot of other rockets waiting for repairs. The balsa for the pods is not strong enough and broke. If you build one beef up the supports by useing basswood or a thin ply and it should last longer then mine.

Scott Pearson

Back