quest pistachiotaur

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappy

old man, lovin' life
Reaction score
i present for your scrutiny the mighty quest minotaur, skill level: sandalot. couldn't find any gloss teal spray paint so i settled for matte pistachio. i like it. i learn something from every build. this one i found out by reading the text in the instructions (what? no!) that dipping stick-on decals in some lightly soapy water gives you a good bit of wiggle when placing the decal. not a perfect build but i'm happy with the results.
20210826_173607.jpg20210826_173531.jpg20210826_173317.jpg

I thought I replied to this thread, but I must not have.

I really like the build and quality. I hope it flies well. Seems like it might be kind of heavy by design. What are you going to fly it on?

Sandy.

I thought I replied to this thread, but I must not have.

I really like the build and quality. I hope it flies well. Seems like it might be kind of heavy by design. What are you going to fly it on?

Sandy.

thank you :). this kit is made for 29mm but includes a 24mm mount. the instructions were vague and i mistakenly glued the 24mm inside the the 29mm. duh. biggest thing this roc will go on now is a D. definitely not a high flyer. if you give this one a try, note that the printed instructions were not 'true', as the tube marking guide didn't wrap fully around the tube.

In Greek mythology, the pistachiotaur is the mythical creature portrayed in Classical times with the head and tail of a bull and the body of a pistachio.

The color choice is unusual, but it looks good, and you did a GREAT job with the millions of decals.

That rocket looks to me like a good candidate for the Aerotech 24mm single-use E20-4.

In Greek mythology, the pistachiotaur is the mythical creature portrayed in Classical times with the head and tail of a bull and the body of a pistachio.

The color choice is unusual, but it looks good, and you did a GREAT job with the millions of decals.

That rocket looks to me like a good candidate for the Aerotech 24mm single-use E20-4.
That's just nuts

I like a 24mm single use composite E motor at times as well. Looking forward to liftoff pics!
Yes indeed. There are also the new Q-jet 24mm motors available in D and E. Don't pointlessly limit yourself to Estes motors! They're great but they're not the only game in town.

i present for your scrutiny the mighty quest minotaur, skill level: sandalot. couldn't find any gloss teal spray paint so i settled for matte pistachio. i like it. i learn something from every build. this one i found out by reading the text in the instructions (what? no!) that dipping stick-on decals in some lightly soapy water gives you a good bit of wiggle when placing the decal. not a perfect build but i'm happy with the results.
View attachment 479381View attachment 479382View attachment 479383
I really like all the extra tanks

I would like to officially express my appreciation here for that crazy color. Very very unusual, don't think I can recall seeing a rocket clad in something like that before. Nifty.

Noe we will wait to see how many of your other rockets in the future sport that color as you try to use up that can of paint (paging @rklapp :)).

Back