• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

xx Quest Magnum Sport Payloader Photos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm simming this up due to the interest generated by Reed Timmer's successful launch and recovery into a tornado with one of these kits.

However, I'm getting some really FUGLY results based on the numbers I have where the body tube and the payload section meet... Could someone take some shots of the payload section (outside of the body tube), as well as nested inside the tube.

I mean really... Does this look right to you?

upload_2019-6-11_2-22-56.png

Thanks!

I think I cracked it... You push the payload section down into the body tube so that it forms a tight seam with the body tube, eliminating that weird step that OR Is giving me. This is what happens when I'm working on a sim at 2:30 AM.

That nosecone's aft transition doesn't have the traditional "step" that is the thickness of the body tube it's supposed to fit into. That's what threw me.

Last edited:
It wasn't that the coupler was on the shoulder... That I knew. It was that you just have to push the payload section down until the transition rests on the body tube. Due to the limitations of OR, I had to shorten the aft "cone" by 8.9mm to get it to rest properly on top of the body tube. I added that length to the shoulder, and had to reposition the Blue Shoulder Ring to get it to the right location at the back end of the shoulder. In all reality, there'd be a little gap formed by the outside of the transition coming in contact with the inside of the body tube. I might look to correct this, but it's after 3 AM... I'm bushed.

[EDIT] I was too annoyed not to correct it... I fixed it. So... THERE! Brain! Happy Now? :p
upload_2019-6-11_3-36-50.png

Last edited:
Back