Quest - Future Launch Vehicle (FLV)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I built one as well, was a very fun built and I loved the wraps!!! I’m kinda worried about launching it too, seems flimsy and being it’s out of production, going to get rare2E7C8ECB-6CC2-4F1C-B365-362902779B0F.jpeg

This has been a shelf queen for 3 or 4 years. Leery of launching it with the cardstock fins and engine nozzles, even though it's been painted with thin CA. Maybe some day.:D
View attachment 404729
I understand your hesitancy, very nice model, well done. It's been on my "want" list for a while, but my gosh, there's so many I want!

I could never understand the plastic grass in the bento box.
Didn't your parents tell you to eat your greens?
(Visual effect, like orange chalk on the deflector.) 😁
Now I'm hungry.

I've flown mine several times, including once on an Aerotech RMS 18/20 D13 with complete sucess.
Good to know.
0121220816[1].jpg

Now I really want to drag race. ;)

Last edited:
That D20 might strip the fins off.
I once flew a rocket using an AeroTech RMS 29/120 G64 with no problems whatsoever.

So, I then flew it using a 29/120 G76 and that rocket practically exploded off the launch pad stripping the fins and collapsing the airframe in the process.
Didn't think there would have been that much difference between a G64 and a G76.
Oh well, you learn something new every day.

Hmmm...I have one in my pile.
Nothing says one can't replace the card stock fins with balsa.
Fly Naked, add paint and decals if it survives.
If it don't, at least you can rebuild one until you get one that does.
OOP or not, you'll still have the instructions and the decals.
So...I may have to add another one to the pile if it's going away...

Maidened yesterday on a C6-5.
Nominal flight, slight damage to one fin at landing.
Ron forgot his launch pad so we couldn't drag race.
A likely story. ;)
View attachment 502460
View attachment 502459
It was Christopher's fault. :)

Even if I had, my launcher failed. I think it was exposed to too much grass dew at Sandy Beach. I then tried more of the silver dipped starters and about half fail on the 12v so will have to use the DIY 18v controller.

Maidened yesterday on a C6-5.
Nominal flight, slight damage to one fin at landing.
Ron forgot his launch pad so we couldn't drag race.
A likely story. ;)

Beautiful rocket kuririn! That C6-5 is has always been my goto motor - love that one.

Doesn't everyone use a checklist? Oh, or is that just because Ron didn't want to race?! 🤣 :eek:😁

It’s official, quest has removed this kit from their site. If you have one , congrats!! , if you don’t hopefully can find someone or some where with a few left, the price will skyrocket😡😡

Back