Quest EZ Payloader

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by BigL, Oct 22, 2003.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Oct 22, 2003 #1

BigL

BigL

BigL

I have built my rocket ready for the pinhole camera, with the battery in the payload tube, and the camera is gonna velcrowed to the outside. What will the rocket fly like (can you do a rocksim?) With the extra weight? The battery is 9 volt and attached via velcrow to stop from moving inside.
    Thanks

2. Oct 22, 2003 #2

cls

cls

cls

hey BigL

I posted a Q EZ Payloader rocksim file to EMRR. you can get it from here .

if you want I will post my rocksim of the Q EZ Payloader with the Boostervision. basically you want to add 50 grams for the 9V battery and 22 grams for the camera.

don't fly on anything other than C6-3.

rocksim guesstimates it at 300' but I don't think we ever got more than 250'.

while it may seem tempting to put say a D13-4 on it, if you get much higher than 300' the rocket will be out of range and you will not receive the video - and isn't that the whole point?!

I put two parachutes on the payload section. it dangles from a kevlar line out the top of the nose cone. but that way the camera looks at the ground for the whole flight.

enjoy!!

3. Oct 22, 2003 #3

BigL

BigL

BigL

my payloader came with dual 14 inch chutes also. I thought the booster vision could go 1000 feet outdoors with no objects interfering and 300 indoors. Do you have any pics of your BV Payloader?

4. Oct 23, 2003 #4

cls

cls

cls

I don't have any pix ready right now sorry. would be difficult to find time to post some. anyways, my BV EZ Payloader looks just like Art's on the web site.

you can see a couple of my videos here:

nobody-park-1 LUNAR

Q EZ Payloader will put some good altitude on - empty. the BV camera is not the problem at 22 grams, it's the 50 grams of 9v battery. 72 grams of payload is a lot for a C6-3.

my experiments with BV show you absolutely must have very fresh 9v batteries - the receiver uses twice the power the xmitter does. and you must have the antennas aligned properly.