• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Quest D5-P 20mm motors (labeled D5-0)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassandratoday

Reaction score
I'll buy any Quest D5-P motors you want to sell. These are 20mm plugged motors -- even though the physical label identifies them as D5-0, there is no delay charge or ejection charge. They've been discontinued by Quest (because their supplier discontinued them), which is why I'm looking for them here.

I use these for Saucer motors, but I can use the delay version for that.
I have 8 D5-0P motors and can arrange for ground transport in early April to the Atlanta area.

John

Careful what you fly them in, the last one I had a year ago from quest, it catod off the pad, pretty impressive. What are you flying them in?

I use these for Saucer motors, but I can use the delay version for that.
I have 8 D5-0P motors and can arrange for ground transport in early April to the Atlanta area.

John

Hey, that would be great! How much do you want for them?
~jenny

Careful what you fly them in, the last one I had a year ago from quest, it catod off the pad, pretty impressive. What are you flying them in?

I'm developing alternative modes of recovery, where the chute is not primary. So I want a plugged motor, to allow programmed contingent deployment. I'm primarily interested in low-power, and these are among the most powerful plugged D's.

So your comment is on point. Since I'll have experimental recovery systems, as well as these weird little motors, I have to accept that there will likely be some losses. That's why this craft will not be a lovingly hand-sanded work of artisanal magic. It'll be a modular 3D-printed workhorse ;)

Back