Quest D, E and F Motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tquigg

Reaction score
Back in July of 2008, Quest announced the release of new D, E and F motors. Have seen nothing since then, don't recall seeing a NAR S&T release on certifications, either. I've e-mailed Quest, no response. Has anyone heard anything new on these motors that I may have missed?

Best Regards

Thanks for the link Shred. That answered my questions!

Best Regards

I read the thread but it still left the "debut date' in the air. Is there any ball park date they are looking at?

I read the thread but it still left the "debut date' in the air. Is there any ball park date they are looking at?

We are currently waiting for US DOT Approvals. Evidently,the stimulus plan has nothing to do with operating the government more efficiently. Not only has our request documentation been in DOT hands for months, they refuse to give an estimate of when it will be approved. We won't go into production until we get the DOT EX Numbers. It's about a four month process to make them and ship them. I was truly hoping to have the D5's and D8's by NARAM. It is not looking so good...

Bill Stine
Quest

A lotta those guys are hooked in pretty tight with Estes and Quest. If the info hasn't come out there, then chances are that noboby has an update yet. :(

There are enough interested parties around on YORF, Rocketry Planet and here that when the news breaks it will get lots of air play.

OldRocketeer"II";25308 said:
We are currently waiting for US DOT Approvals. Evidently,the stimulus plan has nothing to do with operating the government more efficiently. Not only has our request documentation been in DOT hands for months, they refuse to give an estimate of when it will be approved. We won't go into production until we get the DOT EX Numbers. It's about a four month process to make them and ship them. I was truly hoping to have the D5's and D8's by NARAM. It is not looking so good...

Bill Stine
Quest

Get a rocking chair and a book .... I waited 16 weeks for DOT approval.

Well, release the kits at least. There are enough resources around to where we can get those in the air w/o waiting for the engines. I know in a perfect world, but this world is far from perfect...

OldRocketeer"II";25308 said:

Bill Stine
Quest

Thank you for the response Bill.

Best Regards

Back