Quest Courier

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience launching the Quest Courier, with an egg, on a B6-4, or a B4-4?

I'm doing a grade-school launch and would like to do an egg-loft with my Courier but the field is REALLY small.

Any experience would be helpful.

Thanks,

Gus

Any egglofter on a B engine isn't going very high (under 200'). Fly it with an 18" parachute and you'll be fine...use dog barf for padding inside the capsule.

...almost forgot. A B6-2 would probably be your best choice for engine.

Use medium eggs and they should be fine with 4 second delay B motors.

If using large eggs, WEIGH the complete rocket in lift-off condition. If you are at or below the maximum recommended lift-off weight for the motor, then you are fine.

If there is wind, switch to shorter delays or use a four foot long steel lauch rod (I use the 4' rod all the time...).

Originally posted by Gus
Anyone have any experience launching the Quest Courier, with an egg, on a B6-4, or a B4-4?

I'm doing a grade-school launch and would like to do an egg-loft with my Courier but the field is REALLY small.

Any experience would be helpful.

Thanks,

Gus

Illini, Fred,

Thanks for the input.

Test launched today, medium egg, 5 mph wind, 4 foot rod, B6-4.

Totally successful flight. :D

Egg remained intact and whole flight was low enough that launching at school won't be a problem.

Added benefit of having the whole ejection happen so close that it's very visible.

Back