Quest Catalog

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike981

Reaction score
How can One go about getting a Quest Rocket Catalog.

Us there a # to call or an address to write to.

Thanks

Originally posted by mike981
How can One go about getting a Quest Rocket Catalog.

Us there a # to call or an address to write to.

Thanks

Let me note that the Quest catalog is actually a fairly large color poster of all of their kits. I got one recently, and it came with a separate price list as well as some other small documents. It's a nice looking poster, but it's not as easy to handle as, say, an actual catalog.

I have a real Quest catalog I got with a kit I won on ebay a few months back, the seller said he had a few & sent me one! It's an Estes type! It says, Prod. No. 2000. It has a customer phone number: 520-782-2541. I dont know if it's good now. The catalog has the Micro Maxx kits & all their other kits. It is probley a 2000 catalog. I will take a picture of it & load it up soon.
Aron

You have an old catalog. Several years old.

The only current catalog is the poster-catalog for 2004 (printed in late 2003) PLUS the new product sheet for late 2004. I imagine a newer catalog or poster will appear for 2005 as the rest of the revised product line emerges.

Originally posted by Aron Sanford
I have a real Quest catalog I got with a kit I won on ebay a few months back, the seller said he had a few & sent me one! It's an Estes type! It says, Prod. No. 2000. It has a customer phone number: 520-782-2541. I dont know if it's good now. The catalog has the Micro Maxx kits & all their other kits. It is probley a 2000 catalog. I will take a picture of it & load it up soon.
Aron

Originally posted by shreadvector
You have an old catalog. Several years old.

The only current catalog is the poster-catalog for 2004 (printed in late 2003) PLUS the new product sheet for late 2004. I imagine a newer catalog or poster will appear for 2005 as the rest of the revised product line emerges.

Interesting that the catalog that Aron Sanford has shows nothing but MMX rockets on the front.

Why is that interesting? They were introduced that year - the year of thevery old catalog.

The plastic RTF models are no longer produced and that is hwy they are not listed on the paster-catalog. The remaining inventory is being packed up in SVSSs or the regular Silo sets, 2 packs of models or 6 packs of motors and being sold off to distributors/retailers. This will make room for the upcoming REAL Model Rocket kits that use MicroMaxx II-1 motors with the new Q2 igniters.

Originally posted by JRThro
Interesting that the catalog that Aron Sanford has shows nothing but MMX rockets on the front.

Why is that interesting? They were introduced that year - the year of thevery old catalog.

The plastic RTF models are no longer produced and that is hwy they are not listed on the paster-catalog. The remaining inventory is being packed up in SVSSs or the regular Silo sets, 2 packs of models or 6 packs of motors and being sold off to distributors/retailers. This will make room for the upcoming REAL Model Rocket kits that use MicroMaxx II-1 motors with the new Q2 igniters.

It was interesting because it shows ONLY the MMX rockets and none of their other products.

I know this has been discussed elsewhere but I don't remember all of the details. Are they going to stop production of all of the RTF MMX models, and ONLY produce the MMX kits? If so, I wonder if that might be a mistake, making it less likely for newcomers to get into MMX rocketry.

Bear in mind that I don't own any MMX stuff and have never even seen any of it in person, other than the SVSS sets on the shelves at Hobby Lobby.

Catalog covers usually show the new prodcts for that year (or ONE featured new product). Look at Estes catalogs. They seldom or never show products introduced several years ago.

The RTF models are discontinued. They were too heavy. The new kits will fly much better and higher.

Full details can be found by reading all those messages that discussed this over and over again over on the Micromax Yahoogroup.

Originally posted by JRThro
It was interesting because it shows ONLY the MMX rockets and none of their other products.

I know this has been discussed elsewhere but I don't remember all of the details. Are they going to stop production of all of the RTF MMX models, and ONLY produce the MMX kits? If so, I wonder if that might be a mistake, making it less likely for newcomers to get into MMX rocketry.

Bear in mind that I don't own any MMX stuff and have never even seen any of it in person, other than the SVSS sets on the shelves at Hobby Lobby.

I never got into MicroMaxx because of the RTF bricks and the funky igniters. With the release of real kits, will there also be versions of the motor with a longer delay?

Bill

Hi Mike981,
If you want a current Quest Poster/Catalog private message me with your mailing address and I'll send you one.

Back