Quest - Brighthawk (#1017) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Fishhead

Reaction score
Built this one for a review, then gave it to one of the kids at the field. Fate is unknown from that point.:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the Quest Bright Hawk (#1017) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Quest Bright Hawk (#1017) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Quest: Bright Hawk: #1017

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:

JAL3

Reaction score
Quest Bright Hawk (#1017) Basic Information.

Quest Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Bright Hawk Also known as:

NUMBER: #1017

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 21.5"
Diameter: 1.38"
Span:
Weight: 10.00 OZ

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2010 Catalog

=====

The Quest Brighthawk model rocket is Big, Simple & Sturdy! The Brighthawk is the largest Level 1 model rocket in the Quest fleet.The plastic one-piece fin unit and decals make this large model rocket ready to fly in a short time. You can enjoy many flights with this sturdy model rocket. (Quest 2010 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

2010 Catalog

2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

Jackball74

Reaction score
Wanted to get something that would build up quick and fly low, so I picked the Bright Hawk. Saw that they also made a Nike Smoke nosecone in the same diameter and figured a little kitbashing would be in order - so I give you the Nike Hawk. Incidentally, this worked out well since the nose that came with the kit was too small anyhow.

Back_at_it

Reaction score
Bought this one as I wanted something new and easy to throw together and fly the following weekend. The kit is typical Quest. Everything fit well but some of the parts felt weak and soft. I liked the stock look but didn't care for the bland colors the fins and nosecone were molded in. .

Also didn't care for the crappy paper decals as they were badly faded and brown so I made my own from vinyl. I added a couple of extra strips to make things more interesting.

Attachments