Quest Antari

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwardw

Reaction score
I picked up an Antari for $4 yesterday. I really like this little rocket. Fits together nicely and I love the fincan. I hate aligning fins on small rockets.

The directions say don't use anything over an A8 because you might melt the fincan. Well, that's what I wanted to do - shred the fincan on this little guy. Think a C6 will do it?

Edward

Whats the fincan made from? And how thick is it? If a C6 wont do it , a AT RMS 18mm motor will sureley do it :D Only one way to find out..........
Karl

The fincan is injection molded plastic. Each fin is .050 thick and is beveled to a nice edge on the leading surface. There are 4 fins.

Edward

Same fin can as the Starhawk.

It was really tight with the old USA made Quest motors and the heat from a longer burning motor (B6 or C6) would melt the plastic since the plastic touched the motor casing.

The new German made motors are quite loose. The German Quest B6-4 works great in a Starhawk without melting.

Estes motors beyond A8-3 or A8-5 will often melt it.

The fins will not rip off on a C6-5 ot C6-7. The tubular portion of the fin can (the "can" not the "fins") will melt from the heat.

Originally posted by edwardw
The fincan is injection molded plastic. Each fin is .050 thick and is beveled to a nice edge on the leading surface. There are 4 fins.

Edward

I modified my Antari by glueing in a 13mm motor mount. Flies great!

Originally posted by shreadvector

Estes motors beyond A8-3 or A8-5 will often melt it.

So That's why only As are recommended. I have this same fincan on an old MPC Tomahawk (virtually the same as the Quest Tomahawk) but the old MPC box recommended anything up to a C6-7. Maybe I'll try a Quest B6 in the Antari sometime. My next Antari launch ----> :kill:

I flew my Antari for the first time today on A8-3's, twice. Flew great!

I don't think I'll try anything like a B or C, since I'd rather not melt the fin can.

;)

Back