QUEST Announces another 40% Off sale this Presidents Day weekend !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldRocketeer"II"

Reaction score
February 9, 2009

For immediate release:

QUEST AEROSPACE, Inc. Pagosa Springs, Colorado

Quest announces another 40% Off Factory Direct Sale ! The sale will take place for three days only February 14, 15, and 16, 2009. The 40% savings is in addition to Quest’s already low factory direct pricing. Customers will be able to shop the entire Quest website www.questaerospace.com . Instructions on how to use the special coupon code “PRES2009” will be posted on the Quest home page once the sale goes active at midnight Friday.

Don’t miss out on these incredible savings ! Three days only !

The 40% off is on everything on the website !

Special note: Be sure to sign up on the Quest home page for advance email notice of future sales !

I just got the postcard in the mail today. You can bet an order will be going in this weekend, depending on how court goes on Wensday.

(And before anybody asks or worries, its no big deal. I'm just fighting a ticket.)

Any definite new releases coming out any time soon, by chance?

Where will all the dealers go ????

If the company sells to the end user at the same discount price given to dealers what happens???

They will do as I did, drop that line of products and DUMP them on EBAY!!!!

Hey, Art what do you want on you Pizza?

If the company sells to the end user at the same discount price given to dealers what happens???
They will do as I did, drop that line of products and DUMP them on EBAY!!!!

Hey, I love a good deal as well as the next guy--But I have to wonder. With all of these fantastic sales by Quest--which have to be hurting their dealers--are they in financial trouble? There is no way that they can continue to undercut their dealers with 40% off sales. Mavbe the average hobby shop buyer does not know about these sales, and they will continue to purchase Quest at list in the hobby shop. I keep wishing that Loc would offer a good sale once in a while--I would love to buy several of their kits if I could get a good price. But, I understand that that they cannot--in order to protect their dealers. It is obvious that Quest is not concerned about protecting their dealers. I wish them the best. Possibly, they intend to go factory direct for all sales--again, I wish them luck. Heck, since Estes went China--I have no love for them either. Too bad, I would love to purchase a few more Commanche 3 kits--I love those things--But I refuse to buy Chinese crap.

I have a Loc dealer about 4 miles from where I live. He is located in Chandler, Arizona. His entire inventory of parts--no kits--is worth at least $30.00--$40.00 retail. This is definitely a dealer not worth protecting. Maybe Barry could have a sale just for Arizona customers. You never know.

Last edited:
I continue to carry Quest in my store and the product sells regularly at the full retail. We, the "informed" rocketry public account for about 1% of our stores rocket sales (which are always very good) throughout the year. I hope these sales that they are having are giving them a good influx of money so the new motors will see the light of day soon!

I continue to carry Quest in my store and the product sells regularly at the full retail.

That is great news. I hope that both Quest and you do well in the future. The future of Rocketry depends on that. Like many people, I have my preferences as to product and dealer--but I hope that everyone does good. The best thing for everyone is that all dealers and manufacturers do well.

FWIW guys, I took advantage of the 40% off sale in December. However, I have four stores I can buy rocketry gear from here, not counting Walmart. However:

Micheals and Hobby Lobby only sell Estes rockets. No Quest there.

My locally owned hobby shop only carries Estes rockets. Most of his suppliers only carry Estes, so he has a hard time getting other stuff. The Estes stuff doesn't sell that well for him, so he won't get into Quest at all.

The local Hobby Town does have some Quest rockets, but no engines (they will - and have special ordered them for me, but it took almost a month to get them in.)

What did I mail order? Quest motors and an SPEV Saucer - both products that I can't buy locally. If I can buy local, I will. I like supporting my local hobby shops. But if I have to, I will mail order product I can't get locally. I would actually pay a little more to get it here rather than place an order online.

Will I take advantage of the Pres Day sale? Most likely. But I'll be ordering MMX-NE motors and MMX-Q2 igniters - again products I can't buy locally without special ordering.

OldRocketeer"II";7459 said:
Hey, just one important note - we're out of stock on C6-5 engines so they will not show on the website - sorry guys ! - but we've got plenty of C6-3's !

Well that's certainly a drawback. Does that mean none of the slow-burn motor packs will be available either? :(

So...Bill...let me ask.

Could I just keep adding stuff to my shopping cart for the next few days and when the sale goes into effect just type in PRES2009 in the discount code box and then go to checkout?

So, you are going to order so much stuff that it is going to take days to get it all into the shopping cart? :D

The economy needs more people like you!

So...Bill...let me ask.

Could I just keep adding stuff to my shopping cart for the next few days and when the sale goes into effect just type in PRES2009 in the discount code box and then go to checkout?

Absolutely ! Just keep saving your shopping cart - then go to checkout this weekend during the sale.

Well that's certainly a drawback. Does that mean none of the slow-burn motor packs will be available either? :(

We have plenty of the "slow burn" C6-3's just not C6-5's in 3 packs or bulk packs. There will be a limited supply of the Master Blaster packs that do have C6-5 in them.

OldRocketeer"II";7685 said:
Absolutely ! Just keep saving your shopping cart - then go to checkout this weekend during the sale.

Okey Dokey!

Ladies and gentlemen please refrain from critisizing one anothers products or sale in this area. I have removed two posts from this thread for review by the mods. The posts may be put back edited or permanently removed. We will keep you posted.
Cheers
fred

I hope these sales that they are having are giving them a good influx of money so the new motors will see the light of day soon!

and the beautiful new kits displayed at NARAM that were designed for the new motors ..... especially the two stagers

:D

and the beautiful new kits displayed at NARAM that were designed for the new motors ..... especially the two stagers

:D

Now I'm really excited I'm planning a scratch build already based on the new engines especially having an "F" for the sustainer. What I'm really hoping for is that the "E" booster is a high thrust engine so I can build a BT-80 2-stage and get it off the pad.

Well, you can't buy Quest at ANY of the hobby shops in Houston AFAIK, and I hit them ALL at least once or twice a year. I for one am THRILLED that Quest offers terrific sales like this. If I have to order online, well, might as well go straight to the factory, or whoever has the cheapest price after correcting for shipping costs. IF an online hobby shop is cheaper, great, if not, so be it... all's fair in love and war so Grandpa always said...

I've bought a Quest Tomahawk but haven't tried any Quest engines yet, but this sale will give me a chance to start. From my experience, Estes motors seem to have become more 'erratic' in their performance compared to the late 80's when I was a pre-BAR. Nothing a little healthy competition can't help solve!!!

Yall have a good one! OL JR :)

Their shipping seems high to me 1 kit and 1 pack motors the shipping exceeded my total (almost).
Kills the deal for me.

I had the long burn motors in my shopping cart. Then saved it. I had been adding things to my cart all day yesterday.

I actually had a pretty good sized order.

I would just log on and go to my cart and just add more stuff. This way when the sale started I could just "check out".

When I went there today all the long burn motors in my cart were just gone!

Yea, seemed pretty convienient.

I won't be ordering anything.

since midnigh t i have been getting this when i try to go to the site.

We are sorry to inform you that your request cannot be processed currently.

The following could be the reason.
o Your Cart ID is expired .
o Your Cart ID is not found.

Click here to start shopping now.

Well, you can't buy Quest at ANY of the hobby shops in Houston AFAIK, and I hit them ALL at least once or twice a year. I for one am THRILLED that Quest offers terrific sales like this. If I have to order online, well, might as well go straight to the factory, or whoever has the cheapest price after correcting for shipping costs. IF an online hobby shop is cheaper, great, if not, so be it... all's fair in love and war so Grandpa always said...

I've bought a Quest Tomahawk but haven't tried any Quest engines yet, but this sale will give me a chance to start. From my experience, Estes motors seem to have become more 'erratic' in their performance compared to the late 80's when I was a pre-BAR. Nothing a little healthy competition can't help solve!!!

Yall have a good one! OL JR :)

Jeff, we actually have a "local" vendor (Houston based) you might find interesting; check out https://www.launchpad2000.com and see what you might find. I've bought some engines from them before.

I get the same thing. Must be too many people on the site (or something).

Bill Stine just posted over at YORF that the C6's that are in stock ARE the long burning motors. The only German made motors left in their inventory are
the B6-0, B6-2 and C6-0.

I got my order in.

I sure hope those are the long burn C's.

Meat
clean out your cookies on your computer and reboot should work.

BAR
John

Is anybody in Narhams interested in grouping an order to save on shipping?

Back