Quest Aerospace @ JonRocket.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juaru

Reaction score
Hello All.

Over the past 3 years that we've been in business we've had a lot of people request that we carry Estes and Quest kits. We haven't carried them in the past mainly due to the fact that these kits are available at your local hobby shop and we encourage you to support these fine folks.

That being said, a couple of days ago a local kid was browsing the kits here at the "store" and he said that he wanted a Quest X-15. As always, I directed him to our local shop but he informed me that they are no longer carrrying Quest products. He asked if I could order it, so after confirming that the local shop was no longer stocking Quest, I decided to go ahead and get his kit along with a few other items.

So, since the local shop and Hobby lobby have discontinued them, we now carry Quest kits - no motors at this time, and not all of the kits. We'll add a few here and there as we go along. We have no plans to carry Estes at this time.

You can see the Quest kits HERE

Also, don't forget that there is FREE SHIPPING on orders over 20.00.

Thanks,

John (Not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

sswwwweeeetttt!! My local hobby shop carries nothing but a few of Estes' best sellers, so it's good that another vendor is offering them (with free shipping, no less ;) )

I have a Quest X-15 and it's a great flyer but some have found it to be unstable on a C motor without nose weight.

I added nose weight to mine from the beginning and have not had any problems.

Quest makes some very nice kits and the motors are pretty good too.

Estes or Quest C motor?

Estes motors weigh more and shift the cg aft.

I have also heard about them being unstable, but did not get the details beyond "a little nose weight solved the problem".

Call Nettie at Quest and report the problem.

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
I have a Quest X-15 and it's a great flyer but some have found it to be unstable on a C motor without nose weight.

I added nose weight to mine from the beginning and have not had any problems.

Quest makes some very nice kits and the motors are pretty good too.

speaking of the Quest X-15, I put 5 grams of noseweight on mine and that cured all its bad habits. on both Quest B6-2 and C6-3 it would boost OK but tumble after burnout - weird. after adding the noseweight it flew straight and coasted very nicely.

Back