• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Quaternion and Aerospace Motion Dynamics Library

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcp

Reaction score
For Sale: Quaternion and Aerospace Motion Dynamics Library

Five Books - Over 1500 pages of mathematical goodness: $65 for the lot, includes shipping in U.S. PM to claim.

20210218_011519.jpg

Quaternions and Rotation Sequences: A Primer with Applications to Orbits, Aerospace and Virtual Reality
Jack Kuipers; Princton University Press 2002; ISBN 0-691-10298-8; 371 pages; $90
Condition: like new.

Computational Rigid Vehicle Dynamics
Amnon Katz; Krieger Publishing 1997; ISBN 1-57524-016-5; 224 pages; $40
Condition: very good. Includes 3.5" floppy that looks like it should be readable; I believe this provides code for a 6-DOF aircraft simulation, but I don't know what language it's in or if source code is included.

20210218_011717.jpg

Physics for Game Developers: Enriching Game Content with Physics-based Realism
David Bourg; O'Reilly 2002; ISBN 0-596-00006-5; 326 pages; $39.95
Condition: very good. Text includes code samples in C++; plus vector, matrix, and quaternion operation class libraries.

These last two are Dover reprints of '60's era textbooks:

Aerodynamics of Wings and Bodies
Holt Ashley, Marten Landahl; Dover 1985 (1965); ISBN 0-486-64899-0; 279 pages; $9.95
Condition: good

Introduction to Space Dynamics
William Tyrrell Thomson; Dover 1986 (1963); ISBN 0-486-65113-4; 317 pages; $8.95
Condition: poor, stained cover, water-damaged pages, but complete and intact.

All are paperback with the exception of the Krieger which is hardback.
Shipping will be by USPS Priority Mail 2-Day Flat Rate Box. (U.S. addresses only)
PayPal preferred.

BONUS! If it fits in the box, I'll throw in an old textbook on Numerical Computing.

Last edited:
Just checked the flat rate box, the Numerical Computing text will fit...

Numerical Computing: an introduction (hardback)
Sampine and Allen; W.B. Saunders Co. 1973; ISBN 0-7216-8150-6; 258 pages
Condition: stained cover, but otherwise good.

And rather than fill with padding, I'll fit in whatever else looks interesting that'll fit. I see at least one old catalog and maybe some old SF paperbacks.

Edit: Oh yeah. Now topped off with some old (some very old) rocketry catalogs and magazines. And a couple of paperbacks.

Last edited:
I've never shipped anything internationally, but if I'm doing it right, the online widget I'm looking at says ~$100. I was expecting $15 for the US flat rate box, so the total would be $150.
Fedex.gif
Economy Express:
Door-to-door service. Estimated delivery 3 - 5 Business Days​

I just found a copy of Shape and Flow and was adding it to the box, in place of one of the random paperbacks. Amazon lists it for a bargain at $1002. But, the box is now sold.

(yeah, I know you can find it for about ten bucks or less.)

Last edited:
Back