Quantum issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy3003

Reaction score
My quantum seems to power up with correct beeps. Everything works except I cannot arm the drogue channel. It will test fire but won't arm normally. I also have to set it to off position to be able to arm the altimeter. Any ideas?

Check to make sure you have a load on the drogue terminals.
After that check all of the solder joints that lead to that channel.

Check to make sure you have a load on the drogue terminals.
After that check all of the solder joints that lead to that channel.
Yes, if the altimeter doesn’t sense the low resistance load of an igniter or e-match, then it won’t arm because there is no continuity. It is possible that the sensing circuit is not functioning correctly due to a board issue such as a bad solder joint or faulty component. I assume that the main channel is working correctly, sensing continuity and arming?

Yes, both channels have test bulbs. Main channel works 100%. Drogue channel will allow test firing and that part works, but will not let me activate it for normal arming procedure.

Do you see continuity on that channel? If not, resolder the optoisolators... that seems to be where 99% of continuity/firing issues originate from. You can fire a channel if there's no continuity, but you can't arm without it.

Back