QCRS January 28, 2017

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRIFFIN

Reaction score
We are back!! 2017 waiver approved and ready to put to use.

We are still in the process of getting our new "home" settled. The landowners have removed one of the two buildings and we are (patiently) waiting for the rubble to be cleared enough to set a new Sea Container.

We will be having our first launch on the 28th. We will be transporting some of the launch equipment to the site from our storage location. Please be patient with this process and show up early if you are able to help. We expect to be setting up and ready to fly around 9am. We will be setting up 2 pads and flying from the driveway (weather permitting)

Hope to see you all there. Wildman will be at another launch that day but any needs can be ordered and I will pick them up in the morning. Please contact him with enough time to get the order together and he can box it up for you.

The BOD will be having our meeting to decide the rest of the 2017 lunch schedule. Check the website and Facebook for the updated schedule of events.

Thank you!
Jason Griffin

Last edited:
Teddy's coming, right Teddy? :)

I will possibly be there- although I have to leave early. Nothing fancy- just some test EX motors on my Wildman Interceptor 54.

Teddy's coming, right Teddy? :)

I will possibly be there- although I have to leave early. Nothing fancy- just some test EX motors on my Wildman Interceptor 54.

Heck yeah,,, lol...
I tink I better leave now...

Teddy

So other than Teddy and myself, who else will be there? I can only stay from 9-11ish, but am planning 3 flights, if all goes well

We are back!! 2017 waiver approved and ready to pout to use.
Jason Griffin

Well I for one am throwing down a "Monster Pout" about now...:rant:

Some of us work Saturdays...at least until we retire or expire...

I'll be there in Spirit- Burn a Sparky for Gusser! :grin:

Well I for one am throwing down a "Monster Pout" about now...:rant:

Some of us work Saturdays...at least until we retire or expire...

I'll be there in Spirit- Burn a Sparky for Gusser! :grin:

Thanks Gussy.

Fixed that typo. Sorry about the Sunday thing. We have a few more options in the works for a few Sunday launches. Keep an eye out for the announcements. Most likely will be somewhat last minute as weather permits. I can promise we will never have a 2 day lunch unless the weather is looking promising.

Darn!!! I already agreed to got to a work function/gathering/luncheon/movie/party sort a thingy... Oh well, In another month, the 5" Jart might be ready to fly... Naked, of course. I'm not sure I paint rockets any more. :confused2:
Have fun!

I'm planning to be there, but the weather looks brutal. High of 32, 10 mph winds, windchill in the low 20s, overcast all day with cloud deck 2000-3000 ft, lifting maybe to 5000 by 3pm.

Post if you are seeing anything different.

Planning to fly a few research I & J's, with a research L or M if the cloud deck recedes to 6K ft or better.

Yah.. I'm looking at the weather too- I need 3-4K.. not sure if we'll get anything near that? :(

I'm planning to be there, but the weather looks brutal. High of 32, 10 mph winds, windchill in the low 20s, overcast all day with cloud deck 2000-3000 ft, lifting maybe to 5000 by 3pm.

Post if you are seeing anything different.

Planning to fly a few research I & J's, with a research L or M if the cloud deck recedes to 6K ft or better.

Range will be closing by 3. I would plan on saving any M motors for a better forecasted day. Unless you have some big lead sled that will stay under the deck.

32' and 10mph is a dream for cast for a winter launch. I welcome that. There have been a few winter launches where I wish I had a dead Tauntaun's guts to snuggle in.

You're right - its actually fair weather for a January launch near Chicago. I shouldn't complain. I've only lived in Illinois for 18 months - I'm not used to the cold weather yet.

My "lead sled" on an L goes to about 6K ft - probably not viable with the cloud deck tomorrow. I'll drop down the impulse and fly some smaller stuff - H's and I's on my medium rockets, with J's on my big rocket.

What time does the range open? Its a 3.5 hr drive for me.

We will be setting up around 8:30 and hopefully ready to go by 9.

Glad you are making the trek. I'll cross my fingers for good weather for your sake for sure.

Have fun today everyone, wish I could be there - post the flight details on the MD MAC Justin!

Jason you should have been a farmer you look good on the tractor. Maybe your wife would let you bring the tractor home and park it in the yard.

Back