QCRS Hosting Mini Midwest Power May 26 and May 27

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuck- what's the reason for the plastic wrap on the end of the motors? Just keeping the dirt out? Preventing oxidation?

I've been watching ITA Matrix like a hawk all week...

airfares unexpectedly dropped today...

so i might have booked a flight and will see you all Saturday morning...

:D

Chuck- what's the reason for the plastic wrap on the end of the motors? Just keeping the dirt out? Preventing oxidation?

Give me an "O", give me a "C", give me a "D"... LOL

Lets schmutz in the motor the better... :)

Was another great launch by QCRS. Almost no wind both days. But the temps were in upper 80s low 90s. Heck today I saw a guy launch a M Sparky and it landed with shock cord and rocket almost back on the pad it was launched from.

Was another great launch by QCRS. Almost no wind both days. But the temps were in upper 80s low 90s. Heck today I saw a guy launch a M Sparky and it landed with shock cord and rocket almost back on the pad it was launched from.

Made an easy recovery for me Gary! Great day out there today!

Preston

QCRS would like to thank everyone for coming out and playing at MMWP.

We want to thank Wildman Hobbies, MAC Performance, and One Bad Hawk for supporting the launch.

We also want to thank all of the fliers who come out and support the club and make the launches what they are.

Special shout out to Wildman Hobbies, MAC Performance, One Bad Hawk, Mike and Nikki from WOOSH and Jon Neuswanger for Friday.

Last but not least for the QCRS BoD for doing what they do to continue to make the club and launches the best we can provide.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at MWP 16 in November

if anyone got video of my L3 yellow bird on the M1790 SK, I would really appreciate posting a link I could download
Thank you.
MMWP was really hot but very little wind and a great launch. Really good to see everyone.

Was it closer than this???

[video=youtube;L3nVvF1VOh4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3nVvF1VOh4[/video]

Mike that was a super flight! Love the landing. BTW you may want to change the date to 2018.

Gary, Thank you for the photos and a big thank you for all the help getttingeverything ready and set up for my (and family's) flights
Dan

if anyone got video of my L3 yellow bird...

Dan, I've got about 45 minutes of solid video to sift through, which as typical, takes time. Congrats on a great flight!

I got in two flights Saturday, 5.5" Mad Cow V2 on an AT J-415 and my 5.5" Nike on an M-1500 MG, both nominal.

More to come...

20180526_103223_resized.jpg 20180526_152137_resized.jpg

Who planted a Kloudbuster rocket? I see yellow... Lance...!?

Um, that would be Bob. Hmm...

You missed a good day Justin. Other than being hotter than... :hot::hot:
Really calm. I think the one Gary P is talking about was Preston's Darkstar Ultimate on one of his AWESOME M2200 skids. I don't know the altitude, but it landed right behind the E pads. I do know that I gotta get the parts so he can cast one for my 75/6400 case :headbang::headbang:

Who planted a Kloudbuster rocket? I see yellow... Lance...!?
Ahem ... what you see is orange. ;) Just sayin'

Thanks to everyone from QCRS for the fun weekend and the vendors who sacrifice to attend these launches. The dry, windless conditions were much appreciated, BTW. Three new KloudBusters introduced to a Princeton launch.

--Lance.
KLOUDBusters

Last edited:
Dan, I've got about 45 minutes of solid video to sift through, which as typical, takes time. Congrats on a great flight!

I got in two flights Saturday, 5.5" Mad Cow V2 on an AT J-415 and my 5.5" Nike on an M-1500 MG, both nominal.

More to come...

View attachment 345412 View attachment 345413

Justin, Thank you, no hurry. Appreciate all the time and work you put in to make this a great alunch

Back