QCRS Hosting Mini Midwest Power May 26 and May 27

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Susan and I had a great time. We put up 5 rockets:

5" Terminator @ K1000T
4" scratch built Kraken @ I305FJ
2.6" Rouge One @ H115DM
4" WM Demon @ J275W
3" Intimidator @ J350W

All flew well and recovered safely. I put Mobius video cameras on 3 of the 5 flights and plan on editing the videos for posting. We enjoyed the company and camaraderie, the weather, the vendors, and the excellent QCRS launch support. Thanks to Tim and Jackie for the great dinner on Saturday night. Looking forward to MWP this fall (and cooler temps).

Just got home late this afternoon from Mini MWP. OMG what an amazing launch, well worth the trip! (1800 mile round trip). We can't thank the QCRS group enough for all the time and effort they put into making MMWP a premier event. Bravo! Also a shout out to the Kloudbusters for your friendship. We're so looking forward to seeing everyone again at Airfest (Argonia) the end of August.

Mike & Patty

Last edited:
I wish I could have made it. I had the Jeep all packed up, headed down the interstate, and then car trouble. Sounds like everyone had a great time as always. I plan on coming to MWP. I'm loving the pictures/videos from MMWP.

Frame grab from my on-board video shot during Sunday morning's flight of my Demon 98 (Big Lee).

BLD.jpg

Quick shout-out to Gary Kawabata, President of QCRS... He took on the bulk of the work for MMWP this year and did a great job of it.

On-board video. Check out the rocket launch at 2:25:

[video=youtube;3p0ERC_HWt4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p0ERC_HWt4[/video]

Quick shout-out to Gary Kawabata, President of QCRS... He took on the bulk of the work for MMWP this year and did a great job of it.

Totally true.

He was very gracious and helpful. I had forgotten to mail in my QCRS membership form so I could launch something. Gary went out of his way to help me submit my fee using PayPal as I didn't bring any cash with me. Thanks for the kind effort Gary!

Side note: Gary did mention that QCRS will be setting up On-Line payment options for memberships some time in the near future.

Watching this video, almost glad I didn't make it. I forgot how Mike @ MAC does that spit shine finish on his rockets--would of made my X-15 look like an ugly duckling. Saying that, I'm sure I would have won the drag race, that is assuming Mike wouldn't have taken out my rocket with his cruise missile trajectory. :duck:

Watching this video, almost glad I didn't make it. I forgot how Mike @ MAC does that spit shine finish on his rockets--would of made my X-15 look like an ugly duckling. Saying that, I'm sure I would have won the drag race, that is assuming Mike wouldn't have taken out my rocket with his cruise missile trajectory. :duck:

You definitely would have won the drag race....unless we were going for distance and not altitude :rofl:. Hope your feeling better buddy. You were missed!

Had a great time too. So calm that my first rocket on saturday landed with the body tube across the blast deflector of pad D2 and the chute and nosecone on pad D4....

Steve

Thank you to Gary and QCRS for hosting a great launch and to Tim for hosting the cookout! Here's my footage from the weekend:

[YOUTUBE]Hw7gv-EAKo4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]uyNmsjXvq1Y[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Yea... A cluster of three J motors tore loose at ignition and one motor skipped of the ground and into the club storage container.

Yea... A cluster of three J motors tore loose at ignition and one motor skipped of the ground and into the club storage container.

AND back out of said storage container, never to be seen again... :(

There's a cell phone video showing it skipping back out, but I don't know how to post it here...
Not one of my finer moments, but hey, it's the first rocket launch I've had that people are still talking about AFTER the launch... :eyeroll:

Back