QCRS 2016 Season

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grains are ready to go for tomorrow, now I just need to make an igniter pellet, prep the electronics and I'll be ready to fly.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1449281722.607519.jpg

Average density is 0.06054 lbs/in^3.

See y'all in the morning.

Just arrived onsite, fog has lifted and the sun is shining. Waiver is called in, range opens at 9am. Shaping up to ne a beautiful day to fly. Looking forward to seeing everone!

The young boy has hockey at 10:40 to 11:15a, so can't leave StCharles until after that... :mad:
Gonna try my hardest to show up with some little stuff...

Adrian

That was fun...
Demon K740, 9928
Punisher K435, 9278
Shredder G125, 1600
Shredder I470, 5228
Interceptor Sport I345, 5760
Reactor E18, 565

Definitely great day for flying. Only got 2 flights in, and stupid me forgot the SD card for my 808 camera, so no onboard video. Thanks QCRS crew!

That was fun...
Demon K740, 9928
Punisher K435, 9278
Shredder G125, 1600
Shredder I470, 5228
Interceptor Sport I345, 5760
Reactor E18, 565

What:confused: ONLY six flights...Eric! :eek: Just kidding...Looks like you were cranking them out left and, right today! Just sitting here regrouping from a long week at work waiting for the launch reports from all of you.

Manny's being very quiet...:rolleyes: Hope he had a good day.

Just sitting back munching on a large bowl of TGIF Jalapeno Poppers right now...getting ready to crank out some serious Newton Seconds latter.

Remember that scene in The Exorcist where Linda Blair sits up in bed and, her head spins 360 degrees around? Nothing like a good cleansing of the body, cleansing of the soul...:lol:

Anyhow, keep those reports, pictures and, videos coming guys- Really wish i could have been there.

This isn't a report, but here is my Rocketry Warehouse Scarab on an I327DM

IMG_2294.jpg

Czerwin’s Flight Report:
-Had a marathon day today. I started cranking them out early and didn’t stop until I had to. *Look for a detailed Chute Release report over on that thread in a little bit…*

Flight #1: Wildman Demon 98 on CTI K740 C-Star – 9,228 ft
-Great flight, straight up. Easy recovery in the soy fields. Man, this is one sexy rocket… On the pad and in the air. Can’t wait to fly it again. K2045 Vmax is next…
(My Red Demon is bigger than Jason's Pink Punisher...) ;)
2015 12-05 Demon K740 (2).jpg 2015 12-05 Demon K740 (1).jpg

Flight #2: Wildman 3” Punisher on a Preston Sparky K435 – 9,278 ft
-Great flight again. Landed in the mud… Ground was starting to thaw out and hard ground was quickly becoming just plain mud. BUT, I got ‘er back with 20 lbs of mud on my shoes and a few ounces of mud on the rocket itself.

Flight #3: Shredder Jr. (without the payload) on CTI G125 Red – 1,624 ft
-This was the first test of the day for the Jolly Logic Chute Release. It worked like a charm. My chute popped a shroud line, but that’s what I get for using a cheapo chute. Great little flight, and Poppa Steve brought it back to me.
2015 12-05 Shredder Jr..jpg

Flight #4: Shredder Jr. (with payload) on CTI I470 White Thunder – 5,422 ft
-Left the tracker on the bottom of the Shredder, popped the pre-prepped payload section on, shoved in a 38mm-4grain WT, and I was off again. What a gorgeous rocket… One of a kind, to be sure… Are you jealous? Probably not, but I LOVE it… Great flight, and it went plop in the mud, almost exactly where the Punisher had been earlier. Only now it was more thawed. Meaning MORE mud. Oh well, great flight. After a mud-scraping session up by the tree on the hill, I went back for more.
2015 12-05 Shredder Jr. I470.jpg

Flight #5: Rocwerks Reactor on AT E18-4W – 575 ft
-I changed out the Chute Release and tried it again on a low, small rocket. A quick shoot and pop, this one came right back to me. After tromping through mud, it was nice to grab this one only 4 feet into the muck.

Flight #6: Wildman Interceptor Sport on CTI I345 White Thunder – 5,752ft
-I was finally confident enough to go for it and tried punishing the Chute Release. I wrapped up a big 36” chute for my 3 lb Interceptor Sport and got it ready. Brad pushed the button and it took off like a bat out of hell… LOVE that White Thunder on a little rocket. Straight up to apogee where we saw a puff of smoke and that’s it. Didn’t see anything again, but the ComSpec was chirping, so it was all good. I drove around and started walking. And walking. And walking. And walking. Back tracked to get across the damn creek and walked some more. Had fun walking with a new buddy as he was tracking the sustainer of his two-stage. Finally found mine at the end of the trees… Like 10 feet from dangling, safely on the ground. I was too exhausted from schlepping through the mud to be excited.
(Photo Credit: Glen Pietryzk, djs)
2015 12-05 Interceptor I345-WT (3).JPG

Helped get a signal for my new buddy and told him I’d go grab my car to come back and pick him up on the other side. By the time I got back to my car, Glen and Berta were there ready to help, so I pointed them in the right direction. As I went to pick him up, they passed me with him AND his rocket! Great way to cap off a good launch.

It was a marathon. Not my usual “rest and relaxation” launch mode, but damn it felt good to burn a lot of APCP. My doctor would love my exercise numbers today, too. It was great to see some friends, and I’m glad my wife told me to go by myself today. I love my family, but being in the “Go-Zone-Mode” is very Zen for me. However, the next launch will be one or two flights because I really did miss hanging out… And of course, I stopped off at the Wildman shop and ogled some fiberglass before caving on a small purchase, but a nosecone is always a fun thing to have, no? The Shredder just improved, gentlemen…
Thanks everyone for a great day, and I’ll see you in January!

Manny's being very quiet...:rolleyes: Hope he had a good day.

Yup, I had a successful flight, aside from dumping the main at apogee (again!) and landing 2.5 miles away in a manure patch, but the important part that I was testing worked out very well.

Here's a video of the flight:

[YOUTUBE]xsJ6TsRZkRc[/YOUTUBE]

Data:

23550946965_adcd538b99_k.jpg

22923875803_2b4e2fb1af_k.jpg

23468516261_c5b148eacc_k.jpg

23255223950_4f1329b559_h.jpg

Yup, I had a successful flight, aside from dumping the main at apogee (again!) and landing 2.5 miles away in a manure patch, but the important part that I was testing worked out very well.

Manny,

You friction fitting the NC or is your apogee charge so rigorous it's pushing the laundry out in spite of shearpins?

Kurt Savegnago

That's my Man! "That chutes coming out the top or sideways but, it's COMING OUT!"
I taught him well...;)

But, a manure pile on a rural airport property? That I didn't teach him...:eek:

You got her back. Good job!

Excellent day flying for me too! I put my Wildman 4" V2 up on an I303 blue streak. Beautiful flight!
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1449375086.134666.jpg

Also, my demon 54 went up beautifully on a G125 Red...after some finagling. I fixed that issue when we got home tonight 😀

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1449375488.821756.jpg

Or we could put it here https://tqc.yuku.com/

That would be a novel idea :)

Keep me posted and I can keep this APRS.fi object up:

https://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a/QCRS&timerange=10800&tail=10800

For "Track Callsign" use QCRS. For "Show last" and "Track tail length" you can play with that and click on "Show All" and there are weather stations in Walnut, Princeton and Arlington one can peruse for
local WX parameters. Or just save the above link and input the parameter you want when it comes up.

Kurt Savegnago

Saturday was beautiful. It started out foggy as heck on the drive in. By the time arrived at the field, the skies were clear, crisp and blue. Preston and I teamed up to put a (4) grain 75mm White load into Eclipse SS. Adept ALTS-25 said she went 10,485’ and the RRC2+ said it went 10,870’. Had good recovery off to the north in some muddy soup. The on-board video turned out great and I’ll share other video in the future.

Hi Justin,

Did you happen to get a video of my wife's V2 (black and red) launching? She's very excited to see it :)

Hi Justin,

Did you happen to get a video of my wife's V2 (black and red) launching? She's very excited to see it :)

I did. I'll post a YouTube video link once I have been able to post produce the footage.

Just took some print screens from the on-board Mobius video which was a little more than 10K up.

Capture.jpg Capture2.jpg Capture3.jpg Capture4.jpg Capture5.jpg Capture6.jpg Capture7.jpg

Last edited:
Wow,

Even I can identify a lot of the landmarks just by the fact I've been to quite of few MWP's of the past and stared at APRS tracking screens. Beautiful video. The better the camera the better the derived stills. Kurt Savegnago

Last edited:

Awesome Justin! Been thinking of replacing my last crashed camera setup with these as i know their *much* cheaper and, shoot really good video...

Thanks for helping me make the decision too get a few! ;)

P.S. Had to call Jackie today and, put a rush on my MWP13 Dvd's. Can wait a while for my Black Saturday stuffage but, i can't wait to see the Dvds! Hope to watch it this weekend...:D

Back