EVENT QCRC March Club Launch SUNDAY the 27th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy all,
SUNDAY March 27th is the next QCRC club launch. Come out and play in the dirt (mud?). 9A to 4P unless I'm freezing my a** off. Then maybe noon or however much help I get to let me sit in the car and regain feeling in my toes... :rolleyes: Who knows, I might even fly something this month. o_O
Anyhow, I'll be there. You should be too. :D Set up around 8:30-8:45ish.
Adrian

Last edited:
How much rain has fallen out there in the last week so? Up here is SE WI, we have gotten rain every day for better part of a week and things are mighty soupy. :(

Got it. Not sure I will be able get out there on Sunday but we will see. Damn this weather! If it was going to be 20° warmer, I would make a more concerted effort to make it.

Humor - total humor [only]. (I don't like wet feet, either.)
I would be more inclined to find it humorous if we knew who we were talking with.

Given this is a such a small hobby, it might go over better if you were a know entity, know what I mean? ;)

I would be more inclined to find it humorous if we knew who we were talking with.

Given this is a such a small hobby, it might go over better if you were a know entity, know what I mean? ;)

". . .if you were a know entity. . ." While I am NOT an English/grammar/spelling teacher, . . .

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean - why is personal identification necessary for appreciation of humor?

BTW, ". . .with whom we were talking."

And, yes, I would wear the boots, 'crossfire'.

". . .if you were a know entity. . ." While I am NOT an English/grammar/spelling teacher, . . .

Sorry, but I don't know what you mean - why is personal identification necessary for appreciation of humor?

BTW, ". . .with whom we were talking."

And, yes, I would wear the boots, 'crossfire'.
Oh no, I goofed grammar on the interwebs, so sorry for the inconvenience caused. I'm pleased you took the time to point it out and stress its importance though.

Your post was rightfully deleted. To call someone that and not have the stones to sign it is weak. What are you hiding that you can't share your name? Mine's in my signature as I have nothing to hide... ;)

So, back to subject... ;)
Launch report for the day. Didn't quite freeze my nuggies off, just got them VERY chilled. Three successful cert flights. Two L1 and a L2. No mud since it was frozen when we started, but got a little greasy as it warmed to barely over freezing, but still didn't stick to the shoes.
I flew my WM Wild Thing Extreme on a EX motor (L800ish) to 8700ish feet with a super easy recovery just west of the launch site maybe at most 1/8th of a mile.
Many thanks to John for running the show while I flew, and a huge thanks to Chuck for the ex motor.

So, back to subject... ;)
Launch report for the day. Didn't quite freeze my nuggies off, just got them VERY chilled. Three successful cert flights. Two L1 and a L2. No mud since it was frozen when we started, but got a little greasy as it warmed to barely over freezing, but still didn't stick to the shoes.
I flew my WM Wild Thing Extreme on a EX motor (L800ish) to 8700ish feet with a super easy recovery just west of the launch site maybe at most 1/8th of a mile.
Many thanks to John for running the show while I flew, and a huge thanks to Chuck for the ex motor.
Nice!

Somewhat "rare" to recover on the west side when flown from the east. Glad you got to fly a rocket for a change! :)

Back