EVENT QCRC Club launch November 20th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I meant to fly the blue Punisher 4 but I have a gremlin living in my AV bay that I just chased away (I hope). I only got one beep on the secondary altimeter which meant no continuity on the main charge 🤨. I ended up replacing the RRC2+ with a RRC3 while I had the wiring taken apart, and tested everything twice. Any way It was a great day, great weather and great friends - plus Brad even flew a rocket! 😃

Thanks to everyone for the amazing day of flying!!

I had (2) flights planned and got both flights off successfully. Best of all, after all was said and done, was invited out for Mexican food (my favorite). After a quick trip to Tims shop to check out fitment of some 6" airframe, and a tour of Tims new shop (REALLY nice!). Five of us headed over to Mendota to eat.

Flew my LOC Precision Minie Magg stretched for DD and with a 54mm MMT on a J800T to just under 4k. This rocket always performs well and its my favorite to fly. Unfortunately, for some reason, the main deployed at apogee and had a nice walk for recovery. Will need to look at the flight data on that to determine why.....

Also had the maiden flight of my Wildman Demon 5 on an L1520T to 9200 feet. Perfect separation at apogee and deployment of a 20" drogue. The winds aloft must have really been ripping because recovery was 1.4 miles to the east. Finding it would have been impossible without an RF tracker. Took me around an hour to finally recover it.

Unbeknownst to everyone there, Saturday the 20th (the day of the launch) was my birthday. Flying rockets and then going out to Mexican food afterwards is quite possibly the best combination in life. Possibly the best birthday in a very long time.

Thanks to everyone who showed up as without people, it would have been me in the middle of a field, trespassing, launching rockets, and possibly having the Sheriff called on me. 😄

Thanks to Dave for loaning me his WM tracker receiver as well. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to find my Demon.

I finally bought my own receiver at Wednesdays WM sale. So now, I can loan mine out. 🙃

Enjoy the videos.....

Last edited:
Back