EVENT QCRC Club launch November 20th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy all! This Saturday, November 20th, is a QCRC club launch. 15K waiver, good company, engaging conversation...
What more could you ask for? Oh, how about wide open fields to launch rockets? Yeah, we got that too...
Who knows, I might even fly a rocket or two...

If all goes to plan and the weather is decent, I should be there.

Hope to fly my Wildman Demon 5" for the first time on an L1520T.

It's getting close to the end of the semester for me and it depends on my last assignment for my C++ class. If I get it all done early and the weather is nice, I might be persuaded to come Sunday as well. More than likely only Saturday though. If it was earlier in the year and the weather wasn't as cold, then it would be a much easier decision for me but.....I hate the cold! lol

It's getting close to the end of the semester for me and it depends on my last assignment for my C++ class. If I get it all done early and the weather is nice, I might be persuaded to come Sunday as well. More than likely only Saturday though. If it was earlier in the year and the weather wasn't as cold, then it would be a much easier decision for me but.....I hate the cold! lol
Keep focused on the class. A "B-" is a mere single point from a "C++."
😃🚀

Keep focused on the class. A "B-" is a mere single point from a "C++."
😃🚀
C's get degrees, just sayin'... Never once in my career.... and I mean never have been asked for GPA info. My 3.something GPA is good enough to put bogger hooks to a keyboard and answer a phone I guess. :headspinning:

Does anyone that is going, have a WM tracker that I can borrow on Saturday? I have the transmitter, I just need to borrow the receiver.

Praying for clear skies. According to Windy....it looks like we're going to be clear to 20k+ from around 9-3pm so we should be clear to the waiver for nearly the entire launch.

Took the day off work tomorrow and gluing grains and ejection tests in the morning.

I'm sorry to see that the motor torched the bottom of the BullPup! What happened? Did it fly? Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Greg Olson

I'm sorry to see that the motor torched the bottom of the BullPup! What happened? Did it fly? Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Greg Olson
Took off with authority, couple hundred feet off the rail, burned through quickly, motor case went flying through booster and across the field which was entertaining. Altimeters are avionics bay are fine, booster is not repairable and there is heat damage and compromised. :(

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately the brittle phenolic tubing didn’t withstand the decent and broke in several places even though deployment was normal. Sustainer fin can is undamaged and will be used in a rebuild. Booster just needs zipper repaired.
Many thanks to Preston for picking up the sustainer for me btw. Landed just off the road a mile east.

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately the brittle phenolic tubing didn’t withstand the decent and broke in several places even though deployment was normal. Sustainer fin can is undamaged and will be used in a rebuild. Booster just needs zipper repaired.
Many thanks to Preston for picking up the sustainer for me btw. Landed just off the road a mile east.

Unfortunate about the cracked airframe! Phenolic airframe is a blessing and a curse!

Looks like more than just my recoveries were some distance away. My WM Demon 5 was really far. Took me an hour to find WITH a tracker!

1637596236392.png

Unfortunate about the cracked airframe! Phenolic airframe is a blessing and a curse!

Looks like more than just my recoveries were some distance away. My WM Demon 5 was really far. Took me an hour to find WITH a tracker!

View attachment 491175
Upper level winds must have been bookin east... :)

That TnL was bookin' it! Nice video.

Sorry to hear about your new rocket, Justin!

Me Flying My-Roc at Princeton.jpg

Speaking of flying at this event....
I too got into the action. Its been a while since I've flown and the guys razzed me more than just a little bit. But hey, most of my free rocket time is spent building and assembling launch sysetms for other people to fly rockets. But every now and then I do fly a rocket of my own. It reminds me why Igot into this hobby: it's fun!

This is the I-Roc I built at LDRS this summer on the Bonneville Salt Flats. As is normal with a "built at the launch" assembly, it flew Naked. Well it flew well at the Flats, so it earned its paint. And yes that my own design for the paint scheme. It's sort of an anti-camouflage paint style. Never boring!

Flew this day on a Cessaroni H153-6 dated from 2005. I pulled out the igniter and Tim said, "Where'd you find the ancient igniter?" I said, "On the side of the motor." At any rate, it lit and flew perfectly. Lots of fun.

Brad, the "Rocket Rev.," Wilson

Latest posts

Back