Quantcast

EVENT QCRC Club launch January 17th Sunday Sunday Sunday

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Messages
4,877
Reaction score
744
So, next club launch will be on Sunday January 17th in case you didn't guess by the title...
Who can make it? What R you flyin?
I'm gonna reprep the WM Goblin 5 and put a Preston 75mm 3 grain sparky in it (we think...). I think I'll even attach the main chute this time :rolleyes::rolleyes:
 

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Messages
4,877
Reaction score
744
Wow, crickets...
I’m not feeling much love here... 😜
Caught everyone with nothing to say?
Or are they waiting for the weather report?
Well, I’ll be there darn it...
 

Tobor

Get your peanuts....
TRF Supporter
Joined
Oct 8, 2016
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
570
My 1st winter launch was Jan. of 19' at Bong. It was fun at first but, as the cold crept into my gloves and boots, not so much fun. I'll wait for the 45°+ launch weather...
 

SDramstad

Well-Known Member
TRF Supporter
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
749
Reaction score
600
I would love to but the last forecast I saw called for snow..let me check again..... hmmmm 40 to 50 % chance of snow friday through sunday. I hope thats wrong.
 

ChicagoDave

Well-Known Member
TRF Supporter
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
162
Location
Illinois
My 1st winter launch was Jan. of 19' at Bong. It was fun at first but, as the cold crept into my gloves and boots, not so much fun. I'll wait for the 45°+ launch weather...
Bummer. If I come down I'll have hand warmers you can use. I usually keep a few in my range box and I'll bring 'em. If it's snowing actively though I may not make it down - the drive times get pretty looooong in the snow and It's already 2 - 2 1/2 hours for me without weather.

Any way if it's clear enough I'll fly the LOC Sandhawk on the J570 again. It'll have to be clear enough though because it really quickly goes out of sight. Otherwise my Goblin is waiting for primer, and the Patriot has primer but no paint yet. 😑 Winter
 

rocketman328

Well-Known Member
TRF Supporter
Joined
Dec 2, 2019
Messages
67
Reaction score
37
Location
South Bend, IN
Thought about coming over on Sunday, but perhaps not. The Aviation Weather Forecast is calling for 91% Cloud Coverage with Lowest Cloud bases at 500-700 ft AGL, Visibility 0-1 mile, likely chance of snow. Supprised this hasn't been cancelled.
 

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Joined
Jun 17, 2011
Messages
4,877
Reaction score
744
We try not to cancel launches. We find alternatives to still have fun.
 

ChicagoDave

Well-Known Member
TRF Supporter
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
184
Reaction score
162
Location
Illinois
I've only missed one launch for QCRC in the past year - last February when it was snowing up here. Otherwise, no matter the forecast, I come on out. I'd say so far, every time the time the weather has at least windows when you can safely launch. And if not I can always pick up a thing or two from Wildman's trailer :D
 
Top