EVENT QCRC club launch Dec 18th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now for something completely different... (does anyone remember Monty Python?)

Two questions for the club:

1) Who is interested in going to an after-launch dinner? We'd like to get a count to see if we need to make any special arrangements. The venue will be El Zarape El Zarape - (elzarapemendota.com) in Mendota. If you're not familiar with the restaurant, it's about 20 minuets from the field and has great fried chicken (who knew a Mexican restaurant would have great fried chicken??) Always a great time with good food and even better company.

Oh, and there will be door prizes!! Not sure just *what* they will be yet, but I've got a couple of things to toss in the hat that would make great stocking stuffers.

2) Sunday. By a show of hands, who is going to fly on Sunday? The reason to ask is if nobody is going to show up, we'll take down the range on Saturday. Sunday launches have not been well attended so if you want to fly on Sunday, please, please speak up now!

If you're going to the dinner, post here or drop me an email (see my email address below) so I can keep a tally.

~Dave~

So now for something completely different... (does anyone remember Monty Python?)

Two questions for the club:

1) Who is interested in going to an after-launch dinner? We'd like to get a count to see if we need to make any special arrangements. The venue will be El Zarape El Zarape - (elzarapemendota.com) in Mendota. If you're not familiar with the restaurant, it's about 20 minuets from the field and has great fried chicken (who knew a Mexican restaurant would have great fried chicken??) Always a great time with good food and even better company.

Oh, and there will be door prizes!! Not sure just *what* they will be yet, but I've got a couple of things to toss in the hat that would make great stocking stuffers.

2) Sunday. By a show of hands, who is going to fly on Sunday? The reason to ask is if nobody is going to show up, we'll take down the range on Saturday. Sunday launches have not been well attended so if you want to fly on Sunday, please, please speak up now!

If you're going to the dinner, post here or drop me an email (see my email address below) so I can keep a tally.

~Dave~

1. Yes. 2 please.

Door prizes: I seem to remember there was an ugly rocket competition last year. Couldn't make it, but I had my ugly rockets prepped for the contest. Is there a December 2021 version?

2. Sunday: won't be there. Will probably be watching the Packers. :cool:

1. Yes. 2 please.

Door prizes: I seem to remember there was an ugly rocket competition last year. Couldn't make it, but I had my ugly rockets prepped for the contest. Is there a December 2021 version?

2. Sunday: won't be there. Will probably be watching the Packers. :cool:

Indeed, there was an ugly rocket competition last year and I can't remember who won. I know my rocket thought it was so ugly it tried to self-destruct ;)

Let's say yes, there will be an ugly rocket contest!! Bring 'em if you've got 'em!!

But do you really need to fix the zipper in order to have them fall out and shoot in random directions? I mean, it's been at least a year since someone put a burning motor into the trailer!;)

Wow! Just kick a guy when his rocket is down…💀
I did make a 3x54 mount for my LOC VII.
Be afraid, be very afraid… 😎

A good day of flying for some. A little breezy and chilly for me, but that’s just me. Others had fun today. Especially the Cayemberg boys from Wisconsin. But they’re tougher than me😉
So tomorrow we’re doing it again. Come on down!

And claimed…

Would you believe I was able to boot up both RRC3s and read the data off of them? Sadly, there was nothing useful in the data - it just showed what we saw from the ground, extreme pressure changes in a very short time. I'll run a diagnostic on them to make sure the barometers still work after that event.

Would you believe I was able to boot up both RRC3s and read the data off of them? Sadly, there was nothing useful in the data - it just showed what we saw from the ground, extreme pressure changes in a very short time. I'll run a diagnostic on them to make sure the barometers still work after that event.

The moment I saw that green coupler with the sheared off cord I said "THATS DAVES!!!!!"

Blows my mind that they have been sitting out in the field since spring and they still work!

Not that this has anything to do with the launch this weekend, but here's the data off of one of those RRC3s. The altimeter tried to fire the drogue and main charges to no avail.

Note the max velocity :eek:

1639944047203.png

Latest posts

Back