EVENT QCRC April 17-18 Launch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all.
QCRC will be holding a club launch April 17th and 18th.
9am to 4pm. Later if the bribes are awesome enough... šŸ˜‰
Or the weather good enough šŸ¤”
Iā€™ve got my WM Wild Thing Extreme prepped with a AT L1150R. I heard rumors of a WM 5ā€ Goblin drag race on L850Wā€™s. šŸ˜Ž
So what cha got?

I'll probably show up one of the days, depending on the weather. Might actually fly something or two somethings? Two stager wants to fly, but depends on the cloud deck.

I'm there! Prepping things this week but hoping for a 4" punisher on L something.... Magnum on a K375, Gnome Saucer on a K550, and a Mach 2 on a vintage I599 :) Have a M1939 sitting around getting lonely if the weather looks good for the 6" punisher and I have enough time before then.

Will be there sunday, have a K456DM for my Wildman DD and either a K570 or a K700 for my Maddog.
Possible a K660 in my Drago 4XL if I have time. Keep watching the weather, hope it holds.

I'll probably show up one of the days, depending on the weather. Might actually fly something or two somethings? Two stager wants to fly, but depends on the cloud deck.

Same :)

Had a great day of flying! We had 64 flights, which for a monthly club launch was pretty good. I was the first to put up a rocket this launch, and will probably be my last time doing that... The rocket is only supposed to whistle on the way up, right??? :dontknow: Suffice it to say I'll be building LOC Goblin #3... :mad: I did redeem myself with my next flight. My WM Wild Thing Extreme on a AT L1150R to 10,000' and landed within easy walking distance from the pads and not even as far south as the last cars parked along the road.
See you all tomorrow!

Attachments

• 2E6D8A89-8C89-43A2-9624-375CEE6B5625.jpeg
    2E6D8A89-8C89-43A2-9624-375CEE6B5625.jpeg
    284.3 KB · Views: 12
Successfully completed my L3 certification at todayā€™s launch with my SBR Fusion L3 on an AT M650! Flight to 12318ā€™ feet and 805mph. No ground video by me but onboard below. I was too nervous watching featherweight data on my phone.... Thanks to my TAPā€™s Tim Lehr and Eric Cayemberg as well as Adrian Butler for pad assistance!

Successfully completed my L3 certification at todayā€™s launch with my SBR Fusion L3 on an AT M650! Flight to 12318ā€™ feet and 805mph. No ground video by me but onboard below. I was too nervous watching featherweight data on my phone.... Thanks to my TAPā€™s Tim Lehr and Eric Cayemberg as well as Adrian Butler for pad assistance!

Great job

Great pics Chuck! Did you go Sunday as well?

:dancingelephant:, did you end making the drive Sunday?
Yes! Similar to the Indy trip, an 8 hour drive for 5 hours of flying spending time with my favorite people. Had the opportunity to inspect and witness John's excellent L3 flight (Congrats John!!!), inspect James' L3 bird and witness his successful test flight (Congrats!), Tom flew an I,I,J; I flew a K,L,M. 'Twas a beautiful day!

This week has been exceptionally busy/unique, but I'll get a few photos posted asap. Great to see friends new and old!!!

Back