Q2G2 goes off "explosively"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bernard, just out of curiosity, how loud is the buzzer on your Quest controller? The one in my brand-new controller (with a brand-new Duracell battery) is barely audible in a quiet room. (The flashing light is quite visible, though.) The buzzer in my hockey puck-style Silo controller is much louder.

MarkII

Bernard, just out of curiosity, how loud is the buzzer on your Quest controller? The one in my brand-new controller (with a brand-new Duracell battery) is barely audible in a quiet room. (The flashing light is quite visible, though.) The buzzer in my hockey puck-style Silo controller is much louder.

MarkII

The buzzer should be loud enough to be annoying after a time in a quiet room.

MarkII

I've put power to two of them and both are about as Shrox described it - annoying after a short time in a quiet room. You certainly couldn't hear it from a large distance away outdoors so it would not serve as, say, a warning to a crowd of spectators of an impending launch.

Compared to some of my battery chargers for RC airplanes, the Quest launch controller is downright genteel. :)

FWIW, the FullBoost beeper is a steady tone but it's not hugely louder. I've not used it yet - perhaps at the March BEMRC launch I'll get a sense of what it's like outdoors.

Mark the buzzer in my Quest pistol grip controller is quite loud and annoying. it's even worse powered by 12volts LOL!!!

Pull the key out, silly.

(By the way, the key stores in the little round hole on the end of the pistol grip)

My homemade launch controller uses a MOSFET for a really low current (under 1mA) and can't set anything off :)

Schematic is here and the MOSFET is Q2

Back