Q Modeling

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
I wanted to post a note about Q Modeling.

After reading about their large scale Starship Vega and Mars Snooper II kits, I visited the Q Modeling web site to learn more about the company.

I asked my local rocket buddies about the company and their products but no one had ever dealt with the company.

I visited the Q Modeling web site many times to see what future products they would be releasing. Once I saw the Nike-X and Stiletto upscale Estes kits become available, I decided to order one of each.

I placed my order on May 4th and both kits arrived on May 15th. Between those dates, Tom Quinn of Q Modeling, e-mailed me several times to update me on the status of my order and ask my opinion on future kits and other items for feedback.

The kits arrived without any issues and I look forward to building them in the near future. I also am curious as to what kits Q Modeling with upscale in the future beyond those already listed.

I have no affiliation with this company. I am just a satisfied customer. :)

BTW:

I *love* the Stiletto. I find that my original (18mm, BT50 or .976 diameter) is one of, if not my most handsome 18mm rocket.

Unless you're going to fly a BT60 based upscale on some *very* energetic 24mm composit engines, the Q-modelling incarnation of the upscale is overkill, IMO. If you want a rocket that will survive *forever* when launched with the recommended Estes engines, "get it, build it, love it."

The building techniques, however, as well as the components, are more appropriate for higher impulse motors.

I'd be much more interested if they'd gone the extra step to make it BT70 based with a cluster of 24mm engines.

My QModeling kits arrived today!!!!

I can't wait to get started on the huge Nike-X, an all-time favorite of mine.

CTimm

Back