PVC Rocket Stand - Simple Solution for Lower Deck

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregGleason

Reaction score
I have had issues for a long time with trying to secure airframes on the the lower deck of my double-decker PVC rocket stands. I would always have to take the PVC to put rubber bands in, the result being a 5-minute effort that often resulted in frustration.

Then I hit upon an idea: Why not put screws in the pipe and place the bands on them?

I had some 10-24 screws and a tap, so I went to work.

Pic.1.PVC.Holes.Tapped.jpg

I then added the screws ...

Pic.2.PVC.Holes.with.Screws.jpg

... and added the bands.

Pic.3.PVC.Bands.with.Screws.jpg

Now it's not the struggle it once was.

Greg

Nice idea to do double-decker- I've just built my first set of PVC stands myself, having always instead just tried to balance rockets vertically against the car or whatnot...Do you use the stands to transport as well?

Nice idea to do double-decker- I've just built my first set of PVC stands myself, having always instead just tried to balance rockets vertically against the car or whatnot...Do you use the stands to transport as well?

Yes I do.

I added some non-slip shelf liner (like this) to the bottom to make it more slide resistant.

Ascender.Stock.Arrangement.jpg

(Note: This pic was taken before I added the screws)

Greg

Neat idea- in my current vehicle I can't transport both assembled rockets and the children of mine who like to go, but I will definitely file this away for when either A) I get a bigger vehicle or B) (god forbid) the kids lose interest in the hobby! Although...with a doubledecker set up like this as inspiration, I can maybe come up with a "wine rack" sort of thing that holds the rocket pieces neatly and safely!

velcro straps also work well. I get 2' sections at wally world for $1. wrap around the rocket and the rack.

Back