PVC fitting?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueNinja

Reaction score
I am looking for a certain kind of PVC fitting that may not be manufactured. It is for a modular tripod project of mine.

What I need is a cross that has a place you can insert a pipe on top of it. Anyone know of this?

Thanks,

Blue

Blue...
I think I know what you're speaking of and have never seen it in any of the bins at our local hardware stores. Don't know if this'll help but, here's a possible workaround. If you have the room, take (3) "t's" and put them together like this:

Incase anyone is wondering, this quadrapod could be used for:

Telescopes
Fireworks
Rocket launching
and anything that you can put a piece of PVC around. I hope for this to be a really versatile design. I will post about construction if I get the parts tomorrow.

Speaking of PVC: Stones, I plan on making the closure wrench tomorrow.

our local Lowe's and Home Depot both carry the Cross fittings in 3/4, 1" and 1 1/2" schedule 40 had to ask someone at the HD to find them in all the bins... about a buck each when i bought mine.

but any plumbing contractors supply house should also have them.. not a hardware store... a plumbers supply house.. look in the yellow pages

later
Jerryb

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
I am looking for a certain kind of PVC fitting that may not be manufactured. It is for a modular tripod project of mine.

What I need is a cross that has a place you can insert a pipe on top of it. Anyone know of this?

Thanks,

Blue

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
blue_ninja150,

here is your answer...these are suppliers with speacialty PVC fittings:

https://www.pvcplans.com/pvc-suppliers.htm

Ba-Bing! There it is, right on that page. When couldn't find it on mcmaster carr or the website Silverleaf gave me, I designed that out. I could build 2 of these to see thich is better. Thanks,

Blue

Blue,
you might want to give Westlake's Corinth a call.
They're at 83rd & Mission. I have seen a lot of unusual
PVC fittings there. Sorry I don't have the number handy
but call first.

glad you could use it B_N150. The resources for unusual PVC parts are out there...

An earlier design idea of mine before hte cross was kind of a canted object kind of like a Tres MMT with one hole on the top. Ever seen one?

Habu, I'll give them a try, will look them up next time im in KC. Also I will bring it to this month's KCAR launch (if I go, probably not) and probably the one in August.

Back