Pure fantasy.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep those big fins moving forward and like RedBull, model rocketry will give you wings!
I have to get working on the Wooshing Crane design that has been sitting in the box for years. Not much of a mod and it could be the ultimate bird: the Wild Turkey! Model rockets need feathers! The bird is the word!

Just back home and looking at the Gweelas on the farm. I may work that idea a bit further later on today...

Just back home and looking at the Gweelas on the farm. I may work that idea a bit further later on today...
The trick is to integrate the two tractor motors into the head. Enough cant not to roast. No Kenny Rodgers Roasters allowed! The Whooping Crane has a nice long neck, a smaller tail and long trailing legs...good fer CP! Reinforce the wing (fin) roots on the body tube. Run the wings through the tube, single piece. Model rocketry is really for the birds! Beak nose cone. Lots of plumage. A pelican might work too. Teridaycatal yes. Flying squirrels?

I built the grappling hook. I call it Sky Hook. I used 2.6"/BT80 body tubes. I get them from Balsa Machining, they are heavier than Estes tubes. But not as heavy as high power tubes. The rocket is 64" long , weighs 23 ounces and has a 29mm x 12" motor mount. It flies fine.

Attachments

• 20201122_200139.jpg
    20201122_200139.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 38
I built the grappling hook. I call it Sky Hook. I used 2.6"/BT80 body tubes. I get them from Balsa Machining, they are heavier than Estes tubes. But not as heavy as high power tubes. The rocket is 64" long , weighs 23 ounces and has a 29mm x 12" motor mount. It flies fine.
Wow! Cool! You have quite the set-up there. I'd like to see more of your creations.

250 metres (820 ft) on a C6-5. TTW wings and fins. Baffle.
I'm going to start making dinner...

View attachment 432827

Yeah. I might make one. :)
I've been considering some airplane designs. What I'd really be interested in is figuring a way of having the stabilizer change angle after apogee. The idea, being that it would fly straight vertically, then glide back to earth. Yes, I know there is a whole category of rockets with folding wings, but I'm thinking more of something that looks like a jet fighter.
I hope dinner was good.

Back