Pure fantasy.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senior Space Cadet

Reaction score
I don't usually design rockets that I couldn't build and fly.
I can't launch, so no point in designing more rockets to build.
Here's something I whipped up in about 15 minutes or so.
I'm sure most of you could do a lot more with the graphics and make the fins a smoother curve.
Screenshot 2020-09-22 20.01.35.png

Very cool. You could make the ring a little bit longer, then hide the internal supports so that it appears to be magically suspended and floating around the core tube. Or knock out every other fin between the body and the ring, three is plenty.

It didn't really occur to me, but man it does look like a grappling hook. I have to work on that.
I really shouldn't call it a rocket, it's more of a spaceship.
I have another idea I'm going to try. I'll post it here in a while.

So many possibilities with a bird theme: life-like, rubber chickens, Road Runner, transparent fins, real feathers. Reminds me that I saw a custom Angry Bird rocket somewhere.

View attachment 432780

Gweela, AKA Brush Turkey. Nice vertical tail.

These beasties actually fly remarkably well, lofting themselves 30ft or more into trees.
I have to get working on the Wooshing Crane design that has been sitting in the box for years. Not much of a mod and it could be the ultimate bird: the Wild Turkey! Model rockets need feathers! The bird is the word!

Back