Quantcast

Pure fantasy.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Cape Byron

The BAR formerly known as Skippy-2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Keep those big fins moving forward and like RedBull, model rocketry will give you wings!
I have to get working on the Wooshing Crane design that has been sitting in the box for years. Not much of a mod and it could be the ultimate bird: the Wild Turkey! Model rockets need feathers! The bird is the word!
Just back home and looking at the Gweelas on the farm. I may work that idea a bit further later on today...

Daddyisabar

Oddrocs Rule!
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just back home and looking at the Gweelas on the farm. I may work that idea a bit further later on today...
The trick is to integrate the two tractor motors into the head. Enough cant not to roast. No Kenny Rodgers Roasters allowed! The Whooping Crane has a nice long neck, a smaller tail and long trailing legs...good fer CP! Reinforce the wing (fin) roots on the body tube. Run the wings through the tube, single piece. Model rocketry is really for the birds! Beak nose cone. Lots of plumage. A pelican might work too. Teridaycatal yes. Flying squirrels?

Cape Byron

The BAR formerly known as Skippy-2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
250 metres (820 ft) on a C6-5. TTW wings and fins. Baffle.
I'm going to start making dinner...

gweela.jpg

Yeah. I might make one. :)

teepot

Reaction score
I love the grapping hook. I'll have to try and do something like that.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that bird one would need a vertical tail of some sort, or it will have too little aerodynamic correction force along the axis perpendicular to the wings.
Put legs on it.
Or nuggets!