Punisher Sport 2-stage Planning

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDB

Absent Minded Professor
Reaction score
I'm about to start building the Punisher Sport (LDRS special). Everything looks and fits great out of the box, and the upgraded FG nosecone with the metal tip is downright sexy.

I think this would be a great sustainer for a HPR 2 stage, with a Punisher Jr, or even a 3" Punisher, as a booster and a custom interstage coupler. My concern right now is that if I build this thing stock, the aft centering ring will only be recessed ~3/8" from the end of the airframe. That doesn't seem like enough room for an interstage coupler. Does anyone have some advice on how to modify the aft end of the rocket and the TTW fins to accommodate the coupler?

I'm planning to incorporate a conduit through the centering rings to allow for the the igniter wiring. Is there any other modifications that I need to incorporate?

Thanks Tim. That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm hoping to do a scaled-down version of that.

Back