Publicly accessible flight data set?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diamoeba

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a member of the UVic (University of Victoria) Rocketry team, and I'm trying to find a publicly accessible collection of flight data from a large number of amateur high-power rocket flights. I'm most interested in altitude, location, and/or acceleration data over time, but any sort of data would be nice. Does anyone here know whether something like that exists?

If there isn't already a project like this out there, I'm considering trying to start one. I think that this sort of data set could be useful to student teams wanting to develop custom flight software, among other uses. (Personally, I would love to get enough data together to do some cool Machine Learning stuff, but that's less likely to happen.)

That’s a very interesting idea. You may be able to find flight data under specific threads dedicated to a particular altimeter. I seem to remember a thread like “Post your Raven data here”.
Good luck!

That’s a very interesting idea. You may be able to find flight data under specific threads dedicated to a particular altimeter. I seem to remember a thread like “Post your Raven data here”.
Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion!

This website https://www.insanerocketry.com/ contains flights from a handfull of people who actually upload their flight data from various altimeters. Access available to anyone, just need to look at the different users launch lists to view or even download data.

This website https://www.insanerocketry.com/ contains flights from a handfull of people who actually upload their flight data from various altimeters. Access available to anyone, just need to look at the different users launch lists to view or even download data.
Thanks! This site seems like the closest thing to a single consolidated data set that I've seen so far.

Back