PSII launch controller battery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was surprised to see the E9-8 still for sale.
I wrote Estes not long after your post, asking them if the E9-8 was still in production. They replied today (better late than never):

"No, we had inventory and once we will sell through them, then they will be gone."

Thank you.

Sandra D. Cox
Customer Service
Estes Industries, LLC

I redesigned the rocket that was going to use the E9-8 (cluster of three). New design is for a single 29mm Aerotech motor (F67, G74, G80).

I wrote Estes not long after your post, asking them if the E9-8 was still in production. They replied today (better late than never):

"No, we had inventory and once we will sell through them, then they will be gone."

Thank you.

Sandra D. Cox
Customer Service
Estes Industries, LLC

I redesigned the rocket that was going to use the E9-8 (cluster of three). New design is for a single 29mm Aerotech motor (F67, G74, G80).
At NARCON last Sunday, Bill gave us a virtual tour of the facilities including the motor "penthouses" where they make the motors about one every 4 seconds. They have retooled "Mabel" to create the E12 motors to replace the E9. I think Bill said they're on the 3rd or 4th generation of Mabel.

Back