"PSII" 2.5" Nike-X Design and Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you computing the CP on the red dot between the two main fins? I'm winging it a bit on mine and woud have guessed that the CP was a bit forward of that. Thanks.

I'm trusting OR on this one; I suppose I should learn to calculate CP manually. It seems to be basically in-line with a sim from the original BT55-based design, so it's probably close.

I'm trusting OR on this one; I suppose I should learn to calculate CP manually. It seems to be basically in-line with a sim from the original BT55-based design, so it's probably close.
Thanks. Both of my original stock Estes Nike X's, had a flight CG just forward of the middle fins. Conservative is likely the norm for the masses.

Cardboard cutouts still work. We used them back when a "computer" was a person with a lot of numbers and a pencil.

Good to hear. There have been years when I’ve gotten in some good winter flying, but this isn’t one of them.

Lack of snow cover sucks. We'd have flow a lot more if we had snow but since we haven't, we've not once went out on our lake to fly. Glare ice is just busted fins.

Back